Sunrader Water Heater replacement - need help

ride4sun

I need to replace my water heater in my 21' 86 Sunrader and wonder if you can replace the 3 Gallon unit with the 

6 Gallon unit Suburban 6 Gallon Water Heater SW6D. The unit is a little bit longer and I am wondering if it clears the wastewater pipe etc. Any experience out there?  :D

http://www.adventure...-sw6d-p-81.html

Thx, Joe

I'm not sure about going from smaller to bigger. I was going to go from a 6 gallon to a 3 gallon, but had trouble finding the 3 gallon. I ended up getting a new 6 gallon to replace the old rotten 6 gallon that was in my unit. Only took about 60 minutes to get the beast in. I do know that the Suburban website has the dimensions for the 6 gallon unit on line. After looking at that, and measuring the space the old water heater was in, you'll have to figure out if it will fit. You might have to enlarge the exterior opening and I'm not sure about the size of the exterior access panel door for the 3 vrs 6 gallon unit. Maybe someone else who has more knowledge about these sizes can chime in.

Good Luck

Yours should have come with a 6 gallon water heater. Someone may have changed it out at some time and found a smaller used unit.

What is the make and model # on the one in there now?