Passengers while driving around-is it lega?

Guest TL

Is there any problem or legal issues with passengers hanging around and moving around in back while driving? I'm sure there are safety issues (no seat belts and all) but can any states give a ticket for that?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest tlampros2000

I believe it varies from state to state, all depends on what their seat belt laws

state. Some states give a pass to trucks and RVs and some do not.

Dennis...

Anyone care to elaborate...? Anyone know a source to find a state by state seat belt law list?

and if there is no seat belt law does that mean you can be up and standing? or lying down sleeping?

can you be in the back cooking while driving? either gas stove or an electric burner run off a power inverter?

can you use the bathroom or shower while driving?

It kind of falls in to the area don't ask don't tell, or common sense why stir up a hornets nest I did that was about 8 they were faster then me

Common Sense aside sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do (or wanna do) I just want to know how far can the line be blured I mean I dont want to get some stupid ticket when I could have stopped for a moment but I also dont want to stop unless I have a damn good reason.. ie not getting a moving violation ticket

I'm serious I want to know the legalities of what states allow you to be freely in the back of a motorhome this would greatly reduce the time it takes to get from a to b if you dont have to stop to use the facilities and have one person sleep while the other drives.

I am trying to find out the rules I'm not going to be pulled over on the side of the highway explaining myself that I did not know the rules I'm sure that I'm not the first to want to know this.

for example in NH there is no seatbelt law so does that mean I can live free or die in the back of my MH walking around (when appropriate and necessesary) using the bathroom etc.. or do they just mean I don't have to be belted because I read that in CA they allow passengers in the back of motor homes and busses to be exempt from the seatbelt laws...... so who knows what other states have similar because according to:

http://www.iihs.org/laws/SafetyBeltUse.aspx

CA is primary enforcement state as far as safety belt laws go

anyone.. anyone.. bueler? bueler?

anyone been pulled over for being up in the motorcoach? anyone not been pulled over for being up and in the motor coach?