• Hello Guest

If you like the place please sign up and become a part of our community! Free, no costs! You have to be a member to view all the forums.

• Most Recent Three Posts

• On 4/3/2024 at 1:10 PM, extech said:

anything that needs 120v ac power needs the power from the pole or a generator.    the converter  (120v ac to 12v dc) uses some energy to do its job, hence the heat.

all the 12v stuff always runs off the "boat battery", the converter keeps it charged.'

as said, the fridge runs on propane---no electricity needed.    the furnace uses 12v from your battery to run the fan

I posted pictures in this strand. 

• So from what I understand I should be able to run the AC while I am plugged in. But I'm currently plugged in and I cannot run the AC without everything else in the vehicle shutting off. Is it just too much of a draw? Do I need to be plugged in to a different place? And another question I tried turning on the generator thinking that would give more energy to the system. But when I run the generator nothing different happens. Is there some switch I have to flip to make the power come from the generator? Thank you for all these explanations. I feel clueless.

• #linda s, thank you! For the coach was what I meant. And I have a similar switch in mind. I'm hoping to install one really close to the batteries location by the door. Just haven't dove into it yet and not sure what to expect.