Somebody asked about them on the Chinook forum. I replied and figured I might as well post the info here in case somebody has a need to know. It was mentioned that they are near impossible to find.

$90 from NAPA for a pair. They are
listed for the rear end of a 1979-1993 Saab 900.

The coil springs in the front of 70s to 1983 Toyota trucks measure - 3 5/16"
ID, 4 1/2" OD, 1/2" diameter coil stock OD, 9 coils, and a free height of 12". One end
square and one end tangential.

The NAPA part # 277-5264 are a slight upgrade over stock. $89 for a pair. 3.3"
ID, .6" coil OD, 9 coils, and 12.44 free height with a 1,042 lb. load capacity.
One end square and one end tangential. Note that tangential springs can be cut
down to lower if wanted

Where did you say you've seen replacement leaf spring packs that fit Chinooks? I don't really know how they are measured, to find them on my own...

I measured the original Toyota springs. Free length, compressed height, coil-wire diameter, coil count, and types of ends. The Toyota springs are tangential at one end and flat on the other. I took those specks and went to my suspension coil spring book to see what else uses that same size, wire diameter, coil count, etc. The rear springs used in the 1979-1993 Saab 900 appear to be perfect. Rated at 1042 lbs. each at a 10" height. The original Toyota springs are rated at 900 lbs. each.

The Saab springs are: 3.312" ID (84 mm) , wire diameter .609" (15 mm), 8.8 coil count, 12.4" free height (315 mms) and rated for a 1,042 lb. load. NAPA part # 277-5264. The Toyota springs have slghtly smaller diameter wire at .5" (13 mm). Rock Auto has them for half the price of NAPA. $50 for a pair of Rockwell # RV205.

I actually meant rear leaf springs. Sorry, was slightly off topic.

I was thinking of replacing the leaf spring pack on the Chinook, for a couple days there, but instead I ordered the Monroe load leveler rear shocks, and I'm going to add one leaf to each side. A little cheaper that way.

I also did order those front springs. Going to feel like a new vehicle! It will have dropped a considerable amount of weight from how I bought it, too.