New Proud Sunrader Owner needs Tail Light Help

MikeD

Hi, I've been a fan of this board for some time and have been looking for a cool Sunrader forever. I finally scored one last month not far from my home in Northern California. I had been searching crazedlist.org none stop for years and all of a sudden an 85, with a 22re, that was a 17.5, popped up for $2500 with no pics.... as my wife and I drove to look at it I told her it would be a miracle if it wasn't burned up or wrecked at that price. It was in good condition, just needing a cleaning and a tune up, I was so proud that I checked Craigslist that day and was the first to get to it. Anyway I am now starting on my first project... The exterior lights. My question to the pros out there is... The rear tail light assemblies are shot and when I look online the closest replacements I can find are not the the same size... they are smaller. The reflect-o-lite assembly measurement is Overall 5 1/4" x 21". Do I just have to go with the shorter ones and fill the hole somehow? This is the closest i've found.

http://www.rvwholesalers.com/catalog/reces...ht-18-0077.html

Thanks for the help!

Mike

post-2811-1248763457_thumb.jpg

The rear tail light assemblies are shot and when I look online the closest replacements I can find are not the the same size... they are smaller.

Congrats on your new "Toy"....

Bargman purchased reflect-o-lite some time ago. They discontinued the model 1400 triple light for some reason (I have the same ones on my 1981 diesel)

What I did was to purchase 2 new 1400 twin lights and cannibalize the interiors to rebuild my triples. The interiors are held in by melting the plastic over the parts. If you are careful you can melt away or drill out the plastic and drill a small pilot hole and install new parts using stainless steel screws. If you purchase red/amber twins you get 4 new lenses (2 reds and 2 ambers) as a bonus.

As an alternative you can use new Bargman 84/85 horizontal triple LED lights which "should" cover your old cut out. You will need to remove an old light and measure the "cut out" not the exterior of the old light.

post-794-1248785172_thumb.png

Congrats on your new "Toy"....

Bargman purchased reflect-o-lite some time ago. They discontinued the model 1400 triple light for some reason (I have the same ones on my 1981 diesel)

What I did was to purchase 2 new 1400 twin lights and canalize the interiors to rebuild my triples. The interiors are held in by melting the plastic over the parts. If you are careful you can melt away or drill out the plastic and drill a small pilot hole and install new parts using stainless steel screws. If you purchase red/amber twins you get 4 new lenses (2 reds and 2 ambers) as a bonus.

As an alternative you can use new Bargman 84/85 horizontal triple LED lights which "should" cover your old cut out. You will need to remove an old light and measure the "cut out" not the exterior of the old light.

Thanks Turtle, great info