wBDXpvL.jpg

So this is the throttle linkage I have on my 22R. It doesn't look like anything I've seen online. I saw one that was similar, but the person just said they got it to work and never updated the thread saying how.

I've tried googling a lot but don't see any way to actually connect these, even with the included j arm plate that goes where the brass one is on the carb. Because of the poor rotation radius in the ball joint, I don't think it would be capable of opening the throttle more than 20%. Does anyone else have a throttle linkage like this?

Edited by 256bit

You are missing some parts the straight rod should have bushing of some sort fixed in place and it just rotates in the bushing the hooked end fits between a forked lever on the carb linkage

31 minutes ago, Maineah said:

You are missing some parts the straight rod should have bushing of some sort fixed in place and it just rotates in the bushing the hooked end fits between a forked lever on the carb linkage

Do you mean like this?

dNHUHEU.jpg

Okay, for anyone that searches this in the future, I got it to work, sort of. With the j arm connector provided (the U shaped silver plate that goes on the carb), the linkage will connect, but can only open the throttle to about 80%. I will update the thread as I continue getting it rigged up to work, because I hate it when people solve their issues and don't say how. I think I will be the first person on the internet to document how you get these weird RV linkages to work.

I spoke to someone at LCE and they said that this kind of strange linkage is specific to RVs. The guy I spoke with told me that he had converted one of these to the stock pickup linkages with the rotating disc, but I don't have one of those on hand. He did tell me that he didn't have to fabricate anything, the stock pickup one is pretty much plug and play, if that helps anyone in the future.

Edited by 256bit

Alright everyone, here's the scoop on the solution. Sorry to say it's not much of a solution.

The throttle linkage works ok on it's own (it can operate from idle to about 85% open), so instead of trying to ghetto rig this one, I am getting a stock pickup linkage from Jim's Used Toyota Parts, they were recommended to me by the tech guy at LCE:

http://yodajims.com/

Easier than dealing with this crap. I cannot think of any way to get this to function that isn't just running the throttle cable and return spring directly to the weber linkage.

Edited by 256bit