Cook tops

Getting ready to make a counter top for one of my builds and got to wondering whats the difference between these to stoves? The Atwood is rated at 7200 & 5200 btu's and the coleman at 2 @ 11,000 btu's. I like the versatility of the coleman because I have an extra flex line to cook out side, but the coleman is only rated for outdoor use. So whats the difference there both burning propane? Could someone educate me. Thank you

stove atwood.jpg

stove colman.jpg

2 hours ago, linda s said:

One will still be looking nice and working properly for years to come and one will not. Put the Coleman on your picnic bench and the Atwood in the kitchen

Linda S

Yep and the good looking one will heat things a lot faster.

2 hours ago, Maineah said:

I would also bet the Coleman is two 5.5 = 11,000.

I hope you didn't bet the rent money

Your right, bet that thing would go through a 1# cylinder pretty fast at 22K BTU's. I still agree with Linda.

i have the coleman pictured. wondering if anyone knows of an adapter that would allow hook up to a 20lb propane tank ? those little canisters (1 lb ? ) are a pain. thanks. joe from dover

1 hour ago, Maineah said:

Your right, bet that thing would go through a 1# cylinder pretty fast at 22K BTU's. I still agree with Linda.

Your right this time on both accounts.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, sorry for the delay in getting back to you all, things have been busy. This particular build is not your "normal" rv, I hope to post more about it when time allows. Again  I like the versatility of the coleman, just wondering why one can be used indoors and one not. Thanks again.

Well I can think of a couple of things. The Coleman wouldn't be permanently installed so you can't just make a cup of coffee and go. You have to wait until it cools down so you can store it. It comes with it's own regulator and your onboard tank already has a regulator so don't know what that would do to the propane pressure. Your going to need to install some kind of quick connect to hook it up easily. The Atwood would always be ready. It's pretty cheap so no huge loss if it doesn't work out though

Linda S

5 hours ago, wonderabout said:

Hey all, sorry for the delay in getting back to you all, things have been busy. This particular build is not your "normal" rv, I hope to post more about it when time allows. Again  I like the versatility of the coleman, just wondering why one can be used indoors and one not. Thanks again.

Well both should not be used inside without some way to replace O2 but most people don't camp and cook with the windows closed. The bigger one would use up oxygen quicker and some other bad stuff is produced too. Some were in your MH there should be a sticker that says "do not use for space heating" there is a reason for that.