What's in a propane tank?

Derek up North

Pretty much the same. Only difference with a van tank is the fill tube and knobs are in the lower quarter so you can access them from under the van. Almost all permanent mount tanks are made by Manchester tank and have been for decades.

Linda S

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if the built in propane tanks have to be re certified? I live in Ontario Canada.

I believe the hook up is the same as a car.  My RV came with the tank full  so haven't tried to get it filled yet.

Well if Ontario does amend those rules to be so strict they are really hurting themselves. Tons of people from New York and surrounding states vacation in Toronto and parts north. My family went to Huntsville for years and motorhomes are so popular now have to be thousands entering Canada every year. No propane means no go there to me. Not to mention the distance some people would have to drive to get their motorhome inspected. Ontario is big and lots of it remote.

Linda S

On 6/9/2017 at 4:48 PM, linda s said:

The tanks they are talking about in that article Derek posted are permanent AMSE tanks in motorhomes. Ontario wants people to have to certify. The poster of this thread is in Ontario Canada

Linda S

I still wondering if it proteins to AMSE tanks it would be pretty hard to tell Americans they can't fill the tank because of Canadian rules. Lots of refer trucks use AMSE propane tanks to run the refrigeration units. 

6 hours ago, Maineah said:

I still wondering if it proteins to AMSE tanks it would be pretty hard to tell Americans they can't fill the tank because of Canadian rules. Lots of refer trucks use AMSE propane tanks to run the refrigeration units. 

Yup only motorhomes with permanently mounted tanks. They have to check all your propane lines too. Article Derek posted mentioned what would out of province or country people do to have their tanks filled because they wouldn't have the 2 stickers it requires. Yeah 2 cause you have to go to 2 different places and get it inspected at both of them. I just hope they are not that stupid. Tourism is a major source of income in Ontario

Linda S

12 hours ago, Derek up North said:

Or just arrive with tanks full. The same way as 18 year old Quebecers arrive at the border full of beer. :)

That gets a "like"