Viair, The Air System I Use - Prospecting, Camping, etc.

RedEmerald

So forever I have used the Viair air compressor system. It has traveled with me in very many states in my travels over the past few years. As I am getting ready to be full time in the Toy I had to modify my system just a tad.

This is a very dependable system. This is a link showing the system I have from Viair: Viair 400p

Viair 400p mod.jpg

I had a 10 dollar air compressor from Big Lots that lasted me over 10 years. Man I loved that thing. By the time it finally died Big Lots no longer carried tools and I had to splurge on a 30 dollar Slime compressor. Works pretty good but it's only a couple of years old. I just know it's not going to last as long as the other one. I have original Toyota valve extenders on the inside that lock to the outside wheels so it's a straight shot to hook them up. Outside wheels have short valve stems so I can get the screw on connector in there pretty easy. That unit does look nice though. Maybe next time.

Linda S

Nice setup Red! I got lucky and found a 70's Coleman AC compressor made in the USA perfect condition in box on ebay. I just plug it in my converter and good to go! Inflates my rear duallys to 65 psi effortlessly. Can't find a free gas station air pump anywhere anymore.

nothing beats the Ryobi airstation.fully automatic digital airpressure automatic shut off, digital, cordless and same battery runs the drill and other gadgets. at $50 its 1/4 the price of expensive corded ones that blow fuses or require running through windows or back hatches plus has on the other side an inflator for boats and mattresses.

I know your a Ryobi fan Totem. Glad I found the old Coleman air compressor made in the USA! Of course it's not made anywhere anymore unfortunately.

actually, for fans of slime compressors, the new slime compressors are battery powered and rechargeable I see... to me the highest annoyance was the cord, either coming out of cigarette lighter or alligators losing bite on posts.

Whether made in america, china or otherwise, by ryobi , a battery powered inflator is on point.