'84 Sunrader windows

HannahSunrader84

I am still having trouble with the side windows in the cab over (not a wraparound) I resealed them properly (removed, cleaned,  butyl tape, re installed) I got a good "squish" of butyl around the outside. The seam is good, the water seems to coming in from the place that the window slides. Any advice? I'm super frustrated. I haven't been able to find any drain holes, is that my problem? I'm planning on further investigation today, but would love some help! Thanks. 

Had to look up pics. yeah your east coast model does have the slant in the front of the side windows. They are bigger than my side windows on my wrap around front one too. Not the best time to have to fix windows but there are a few possibilities. Seal where the side that opens slides against other glass. Glass seal to frame. That glass is sealed to the metal just like a windshield. You can see it best by lifting some of the glazing bead. That stuff looks like rubber seal in a channel of the frame but doesn't really seal anything. Wish I could help more. Most likely plugged holes though. water get in the slider window channel and if it can't get out it overflows to the inside

Linda S

Linda beat me to the "are they upside down question". I recommend you get everything good and dry, get inside with a flashlight when it is pouring rain. Someone outside with a hose would do, I guess. Just make sure the water is hitting in a normal downward direction. And watch.