Checking computer codes on a 92 is not rocket science.   Some Googling and a you tube video or 2 will give you all the info you need.   Or have it done as Linda suggested, should not be expensive.  Jim

are you getting a  CEL?   There are a number of things that can cause intermittent problems - some are a bad spark plug, bad spark plug wire, bad distributor, bad EGR. etc.  I had a 92 itasca spirit once that while driving around Colorado started running very rough.  After letting it cool off & checking sparkplugs - all looked good, a few were slightly loose,, it ran good.    A few weeks later, after messing around aspen and then starting up toward independence pass it started again.  I poured a gallon of water around the permineters of the engine compartment  and it straightened up -something was breaking down (see list above) but only under hard use. Aspen is at about 7,500 feet , it was a warm summer afternoon (quite pleasant) but when one considers the altitude, converts it to sea level that would equate to quite a load on a normally aspirated engine. 

Being a 3 liter engine I would definitely have a compression check done. There are many things that could cause an issue but if it's down on compression a tight valve can cause your issue if it's some thing new than there is a chance that a valve adjustment will fix it but left alone it will eventually burn the valve. Beyond that normal tune up stuff may fix your issue. It's more than likely will not set a code if a plug wire or the likes are causing the miss fire that usually is related to a bad electronic part or a lean/rich mix being detected by an O2 sensor.