Roof Vent Hatch

davidtan

Hi Guys,

My cover over the bathroom blew off. I went to 2 stores looking for this cover, but they said it was different from what they have  . Even the guys at camping world who sell the Winnebago products did not have it. Any idea 

20161011_204351.jpg

20161011_204614.jpg

Here is how mine would go, I would buy the cover for $60to do the least amount of work.  After replacing the cover I would discover  that the crank was not working right, I am already in it for $60 so another $20 for a crank is not that bad.

Once the cover and crank are in place the 30 year old plastic fan would disintegrate.   (mine already has)

Perhaps your Gremlins and Jinx's are not as bad as mine?    Jim

It's because it's exclusive to Winnebago and it's possible they don't make them anymore. Might be old stock but I'm sure you could call them and ask. Bet the whole kit that fits your opening is in the hundreds. I have heard some people put in a square vent and cut the radius corners so it will fit but I don't have a Winnebago and I can't be sure the dimensions would be correct even then. I guess you could take out the frame and measure the opening. A regular vent goes for 20 bucks on ebay.

Linda S

I replaced all three vents on my 87 Itasca (same as the Winnebago) with the Fantastic vents.  I'd upgrade rather than spend $70+ for a cover.  Cutting out the radius was pretty simple.  I used snips to cut the aluminum and a utility knife to cut the rest.  Took all of 5 minutes each.  The hard part was running power to the front vent.  You already have power there.  Easy as pie.