Chinook Resto Trim Parts

swcruiser

I have a 1976 chinook.  Well two actually.  The first was removed from the original pickup and mated to a 1996 land cruiser.  The 2nd has been sitting for awhile but will eventually be mated to a newer drivertrain.  I have been trying to restore the windows and other parts.  Does anyone no the trim part numbers for the window seals, gaskets, etc.?  Do you also know if the rear brake light gasket is available? 

A Chinook trim part number will be useless today. No Chinook to get it from. Pictures and we can find stuff that will fit with measurements if you have any worn out stuff left to measure. If brake light gasket is rubber you can buy sheets of it at most hardware stores or probably find it online and cut it to fit

Linda S

1 hour ago, swcruiser said:

I have a 1976 chinook.  Well two actually.  The first was removed from the original pickup and mated to a 1996 land cruiser.  The 2nd has been sitting for awhile but will eventually be mated to a newer drivertrain.  I have been trying to restore the windows and other parts.  Does anyone no the trim part numbers for the window seals, gaskets, etc.?  Do you also know if the rear brake light gasket is available? 

The complete rear light assemblies are available brand new. I bought two pairs and seem to be good quality.  So Chinese or Taiwan brand that is often on Ebay.

9 minutes ago, jdemaris said:

The complete rear light assemblies are available brand new. I bought two pairs and seem to be good quality.  So Chinese or Taiwan brand that is often on Ebay.

Geez.   Auto spell or grammar correct is doing some weird things when I type anything. I guess I have to proof-read twice before I send.

1 hour ago, swcruiser said:

Chinook never sold those parts.  Not according to their parts book.

Image5.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image6.jpg

Image7.jpg

Image8.jpg

Image9.jpg

Image10.jpg

Image11.jpg

Window parts are usually sourced from the window manufacturer and it's been a very long time. Lots of generic stuff out there though and more than a few times members here have figured out a way to jury rig latches ect. and make stuff work. All we need are pics of what's needed. Lots of super smart people here to help

Linda S

13 hours ago, swcruiser said:

Do you have pics of the cruiser chinook?!?! I have seen the LX450 version floating around online.