1985 Toyota Rogue

Rogue Runner

We have had our little Toyota Rogue for three years. It has the 22re engine with manual 4-speed transmission. Does anyone have any information on these coaches? I've never seen one on the road. It has decals on back that say "Rogue" and underneath in smaller letters "Ranger Industries".

WP_20160713_001.jpg

WP_20160713_006.jpg

WP_20160713_007.jpg

WP_20160716_008.jpg

WP_20160723_003.jpg

WP_20160727_001.jpg

WP_20160812_002.jpg

WP_20160815_002.jpg

WP_20160815_003.jpg

I don't have much info but they made motorhomes form at least 1982 to 87. NADA says 84 to 87 but Derek found a recall from earlier and this pop top is an 83. I do believe your Rogue was their top of the line model. They also made a small pop top that looks a lot like a Sandtana but the top pops up in the front instead of the rear. Here's one with only the Ranger name

Linda S

n_a

And here's a pop top model

Image result for toyota ranger pop top motorhome

• 3 months later...

Hi Rogue Runner...we recently purchased an 87 Rogue.  Our's has the frame extension on the back and has a storage box as your's does.  Did your's come with the frame extension from the factory or did you add it?     Our frame was cut and spliced ahead of the rear axle and then had the extension added to the rear of the original frame so I'm wondering if it's factory or was modified by a previous owner.   David

rogue3.jpg

rogue1.jpg

rogue7.jpg

rogue15.jpg

Hi Dvdcnl,

Nice looking Rogue you have there! Your interior is similar to ours except we have two swivel chairs and cabinet opposite couch. There's a receptacle in the floor where we can insert a chrome tube for our dining table.

As to our storage unit in back, I believe it came from the factory this way. I've seen pictures of Rogues with the same type/size of chest. It's so convenient to store all our various camping and maintenance equipment. The frame extension is exactly how you described.  

I hope you have lots of fun in your new Rogue. Ours is currently in storage but we can't wait to take it out this summer for a bunch of new adventures!

That's interesting Derek! I didn't know all frame extensions were aftermarket installations. On my Granville it has a heavy duty 20" extended platform and per my buddy Joe's (hunkaman) suggestion I had diamond plate installed over the entire platform and had a custom tire mount fabricated and welded to the extension to carry a rear dually spare. Not too much extra weight and plenty of extra storage space. Seems Very sturdy!

I don't know about that. I found another Rogue for sale right now and a pic of one from the toyota-campers group and they both have the rear extension with a box. Seems like too much of a coincidence to me that everyone we see has the same options and they all look pretty much identical. I've seen lots of boxes added to the rear of other models by the owners and they all look completely different.

Linda S

• 4 years later...

I also Have one of these, I was wondering if anyone has the manual or knows if theses have aluminum frames, I was working on mine and notices it does have, Did everyone have the Onan generator installed factory, The 2 cylinder ,Same  tools box and extended frame, I hope I can answer and get some answers from others in this group 

223113064_227326832475672_1259766633436164396_n.jpg

223262610_1134661967055873_2278122799402223321_n.jpg

Thank You, I'm learning about it as I go, I really do like this layout. Nice to see someone else still here. I'm trying to find a manual so far only a little info here and there 

• 1 year later...

I just purchased a 1986 Rogue and I'm in the process of getting everything working. I'm trying to get info or schematic on the electrical system. There are 2 batteries under the hood but only the main one has anything hooked to it. Any help would be appreciated!

One battery is the “vehicle battery” that powers the headlights and “normal” vehicle functions. That’s the battery that is hooked up. The second battery is the battery for the 12v side of the motor home. This typically powers the lights, water pump, furnace, etc.