New gas tank 94 Sea Breeze

jjrbus

A company that makes bad tanks would make bad ones for all vehicles, not just Toyota's. I don't see that this is an issue for any other vehicles using Spectra tanks. They are pretty much the go to company for all people needing a fuel tank replacement. Would be like not using Denso because some one on the internet complained about them.

Linda S

I ordered this tank from Ebay. Same company that Linda gave me the link to.  I cannot say I am full of confidence on this purchase.    Does come with a 10 year warranty, I do not know who the manufacturer is?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131022507698?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

1 hour ago, redskinman said:

Well I ended up getting lucky,had very little debris come out of gas tank after draining it,which shocked me after seeing the fuel filter that came off

The fuel filter did its job.  There is another filter or sleeve in the tank for the fuel pickup.  Mine was so bad I do not know if the pump was actually bad or the sleeve was plugged!

• 1 year later...

Gas tank is easy $175, fuel tank sender harder. Maybe $50, but they are in Thailand

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2016 at 7:18 PM, jjrbus said:

That is one of the sites that confuses me.   They show 88 to 95 with vin #'s

1988-1995 Toyota Pickup Fuel Tank 17 Gallon for Fuel Injected 2WD Models with (VIN RN85, RN90, VZN85, & VZN90)

mine is JT5VN94 ??   Not sure if it  is the same or not?   Jim     

there is a code for every one of these....   

A toyota dealer told me who the dealer was who put my chassis "in service" (Ie delivered it to Winnebago).

Then I was able to get this:

VIN    JT5VN94T7P0030442
Build Date    12/1992
Model    VZN95L-TWSREA6
Specification    REGULAR CAB
Grade    STD STANDARD TYPE
Market    US NORTH AMERIKA
Engine    3VZE 3000CC EFI
Fuel system    WT DOUBLE TIRE
Transimission    ATM AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
Gear Shift Type    4HC ATM, 4-SPEED COLUMN SHIFT
Frame Number    VZN95-0030442
Color Code    045 White/Super White

Note the VZN95L - I think it is stamped on body near the wheel wheels - it is not a "VIN" but it is something like that.  Some of the parts are keyed to that number.  I am guessing your large type VIN descriptors were obtained from ebay or such?  Looks like someone might not have understood the difference.....

Also note: Frame Number    VZN95-0030442

Edited by DanAatTheCape