MiniCruiser? Heard of it?

minimax

What I want to know is what automatic transmission is in that thing?? Note the tranny Dipstick on the Driver side (beside the brake master cylinder) instead of being on the Passenger side as in the later models.

Lew

SKP #100106

Hotel Dolphin-400 nights and 50,000Mi in 4Yrs

http://traveldolphin.blogspot.com/

'86 21Ft RB Dolphin, 22RE, A43D, One Ton Rear Axle

5960LB rolling on P195/70R14 Load Range "B" tires

Kyocera 125W Solar, Solar Boost 2000E MPPT Controller

Lifeline Grp27 AGM

Atwood 7916II, Dometic 2410, Insinkerator 2.5Gal 1500W WtrHtr

Rear mount 8KBtu 10.8EER Frigidaire A/C

Permanent Macerator Sewage Pump (no Stinky Slinky for us!)

Rostra Servo-Motor Actuated Cruise Control

Sprint Sierra Aircard 595 in an IBM ThinkPad R52

Cyfre Dual-Band Cellphone/Aircard Amplifier

Anyone heard of a Mini Cruiser 16ft built in 1984? I found a gallery here:

minicruiser

I thought it was really cool minus the repro antique signs plastered everywhere. When I tried to look it up I found nothing. Anyone know the manufacturer or details? Is it a kit?

Mini Cruiser was made by RBR corp 13301 Chippewa Blvd, Mishawaka, Indiana. They were in business from around 1976 up until 1989.

They were factory built motorhomes. I have a 1981 Mini Cruiser which was built on a Toyota diesel truck chassis. It is also around 16.5 feet bumper to bumper.

http://www.toymike.com/diesel/pics/miniBack.jpg

Hello Moosepunky, that wouldn't be a picture of a MN road would it?

Dennis...

That pic was taken in the UP of Michigan near Lake Superior.

We just bought a Mini-Cruiser yesterday. There sure doesn't seem to be much info on the make on the web. I kept coming across the one talked about above when I researched it. Ours is an 85, 19 footer on a NISSAN chassis. I know this is a Toyota forum, boot me off here if needed, but there is so little info on RBR corp and so many similarities in the trucks

that I thought it was reasonable to post.

I had an 83 RBR 20 ft. It was my first Toyhome. It was real amateur built. The wood frame sagged bad in the roof. The emergency brake was a jerry rigged affair. Fortunately New England road salts eventually dissolved the whole thing.

• 14 years later...

20220729_161042.jpg.4aeaf206d402f2edc1b09908f1af95b3.jpgHello, I bought a 1986 Mini Cruiser in June. Only 71k miles and runs great.... BUT... My black tank has a crack near the output. Anyone know who can replace the black tank? I am in Southern California,  Los Angeles County. 

20220710_124246.jpg