Good Deals on a Coach Battery?

Ctgriffi

Well, the list of needed repairs continues to mount—arghh... when will I be able to start actually using this RV again?! So, yesterday, I discovered that my Walmart Group 29 Marine Battery is registering <4.0 volts; I'm pretty much considering that thing toast... I can't imagine it would charge up again at this point (?). It is two years old, on the dot, and has been consistently abused, I assume, by the original Magnatek 6300 system in my Warrior. I have ordered a new Powermax converter/charger to upgrade my system, which I hope will increase the longevity of my replacement coach battery.

My Question: Anyone found a good deal lately on a deep cycle battery that they'd like to recommend? Wally-World still the best bet for a sub-$200 replacement?

I've bought over twenty type 27 and 29 deep-cycle batteries from Walmart in the past 5-6 years with zero complaints. I am not going to say they are the "best deal" around - but if not the best for the buck; certainly close - if what you want is a 12 volt battery and not a pair of sixes..   

5 hours ago, jdemaris said:

I've bought over twenty type 27 and 29 deep-cycle batteries from Walmart in the past 5-6 years with zero complaints. I am not going to say they are the "best deal" around - but if not the best for the buck; certainly close - if what you want is a 12 volt battery and not a pair of sixes..   

Appreciate the info. What's the typical lifespan on those 27 and 29 sizes, in your experience?

My  Wally World batteries always last 5 years or more. The truck battery in my Sunrader was changed last year. I thought I had already done it once but discovered I hadn't. It was the one that came in it 12 or 13 years earlier. It was a Wally World battery too. I think that's extremely impressive

Linda S

Some time in the past - maybe 8-10 years ago, Walmart used Exide for their type 27 deep-cycle batteries. I had several fail at two years.  Exide got sued by several companies including Sears (for making defective Diehard batteries). Also sued by NAPA.  After that?  Walmart switched to Johnson Controls and all I've gotten have been fine.  My oldest is near 8 years old and is in one of my farm tractors now as a starting battery.  It will do dead in a week if not on a battery-maintainer - but since I keep it on one - it still works good enough.  In my area, Walmart sells those type 27 two ways - "long warranty" and "short warranty."  Same batteries, just different prices. Less warranty, lower price.