New owner of a 1994 Warrior

Denny

I will have a bunch of questions down the line as I get into this new adventure.I have read a lot of the forum and enjoyed the humor side of this forum. The first question is about the v6 in my home. If Toyota says there are no recall or service campaigns for my vin # what  does that mean?  Has the service been done ( head gasket) and is that the reason it does not come up are is this campaign over? Second how do I find if its been done are not. Should I put this in the engine section?

Edited by Denny

Derek Thank you I will check with our local dealer. I am the third owner. I have all the service records from the second owner and know he did not do the head gasket or have the valves adjusted. Mileage is 88000. Run good and strong. The first owner put 30000 on it 1994 to 2000. I have no service records from those years. I tried my Vin on Toyota site which just said no recall or special service for that vin.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your reply. I did find out the head gaskets have been done. In the mean time check engine light came on. Found out knock sensor went bad. Replaced with new wiring harness. Also injectors cleaned and valves adjusted plus new fuel filter. Next project will be shocks airbags leaf spring bushings.

Edited by Denny

I did not say I called Toyota. I check vin# on Toyota main site and the site said that there was no recalls or service campaigns for my truck. Then I took it to an ex dealer mechanic for the check engine light. He had done hundreds of these gasket replacements and said this one has been done. I asked him how he knew. Toyota sent different head bolt that have stamp on them when they did the head gasket replacement. 

Edited by Denny

most of these RVs no longer qualify for "active" recall work, (demonstrated by the website) so unless the original owner was diligent about it or reading the notification in the mail, it could be hard to tell if recall work was performed.  Better to try and get service records.

i remember putting my VIN in that site and there being no recalls ... too bad my RV had the 5 lug axle...which of course was an RV recall, not a toyota one.

Edited by Totem