I've been slowed by an awful lot of heat and humidity lately on the Toyota project.  I was complaining the other night about how it was just too dang hot inside of that motorhome to get any work done in it.  I step in and I'm immediately cooked.

My wife asked me one simple question: Doesn't it have an air conditioner?

OMG.  I feel incredibly stupid.  I fired up the AC (after making the unfinished connections safe and only turning on the AC breaker).  Imagine that, after 30 minutes it's the most comfortable place to be inside of or outside of my house!!!

Maybe now I can get some stuff done.  

Something about forests and trees?

Here in Florida also known as God's waiting room.  With the summer sun, heat and humidity, I only last a few minutes in the Toy without AC. The temperature is often well over 100° in it. Outside if I can stay out of the sun with a fan on me I can work for about 45 minutes without taking a break.

Better keep the wife:lol:                                    Jim

52 minutes ago, jjrbus said:

Here in Florida also known as God's waiting room.

What is everyone waiting for?   Oh..... 

53 minutes ago, jjrbus said:

Better keep the wife

Sounds like a good idea.

8 hours ago, jjrbus said:

Better keep the wife:lol:                                    Jim

Amen!!  Especially since she's just as excited about the project as I am!!  She is eager to help, but there's just not enough room in there for two people to work on two separate projects without tripping all over each other.  

FYI if some one else paints them self into a similar corner. You can usually remove the inside cover and access the power cord for the AC and just plug it into an extension cord  

On 7/30/2016 at 10:59 PM, WME said:

FYI if some one else paints them self into a similar corner. You can usually remove the inside cover and access the power cord for the AC and just plug it into an extension cord  

if the suggestion above is to direct wire the romex service line of the AC to an extension cord, i beg you all to use a properly gauged cord and outlet.

melting your host friends/relatives 15 amp outlet can be embarrassing also, try to get on a 20.

NAW ,,,,plan is based on a serviceable 15 amp outlet being available on the house/garage/barn. 15 amps will run a 13,500 AC just fine.

Most RVs have a standard 15 amp 3 prong outlet for the AC to plug into, in the AC cutout. Again MOST ACs have a standard 3 prong power cord, they are NOT hardwired to the romex.

my toyota had the rooftop AC wired into a 15 amp breaker panel in the rv with romex perhaps mine is not normal from the factory.. i must be special.

15 amps may run it fine indeed but if a 20 is available always go for that; after all what else is on that circuit  of the host... in some cases it might be a fridge, etc.

On 8/1/2016 at 3:14 PM, WME said:

NAW ,,,,plan is based on a serviceable 15 amp outlet being available on the house/garage/barn. 15 amps will run a 13,500 AC just fine.

Most RVs have a standard 15 amp 3 prong outlet for the AC to plug into, in the AC cutout. Again MOST ACs have a standard 3 prong power cord, they are NOT hardwired to the romex.

I am not an RV nor AC tech and have not seen 100's of roof airs, but have to agree I have never seen a roof air with a plug on it.  Everyone I have seen was hardwired to the romex.    Jim

OK.

My old RVs had a Dometic ACs and both were wired in with a 3 prong 90 deg 110v plug. This I know for sure, because I changed the AC base gasket on both. With a plugin power cord its a snap. Remove hold down bolts, unplug power cord  and tip the unit up on its end and feed the cord through the gasket and reinstall.

Went out and looked at the GB guess what its hard wired. Strange things  EH What.

Edited by WME