1993 Warrior graphic removal/restore

Hello to all, I would be very appreciative if anyone can help with my problem removing the graphic tape on my 93 warrior. first off, I am very confused as to why only one color of the three color combo of graphics failed. obviously all three colors of graphics were applied at the factory at the same time, but for unknown reasons of the three colors only the MAUVE, has degraded, (severely cracked) whereas the powder blue, and light green graphics, while faded somewhat are really in very good shape. Anyone care to offer a reason or comment on this?  The mauve graphics had been painted over a medium grey at some point prior to my owning the rig. At this point you can still see the cracks telegraphing through the grey paint, and as compared to the rest of the graphics looks quite ugly. so, I am attempting to remove only the failed mauve graphics and wish to replace with an aluminum or silver colored graphic vinyl material. My immediate concerns and questions are, what materials , techniques, and products would be helpful in the removal without any damage to the gel coat fiberglass siding, and are there any sources to purchase the original design of the graphics. most of the material I am replacing is a simple two inch and two and 3/4 inch tape, but on each cab door and further back on the coach on each side is a curved design I would like to replicate. My Winnie is pretty much pristine in and out with this one exception, any help, ideas, or suggestions would be a blessing, thank you all in advance, joe.

go to autozone and get a bumpersticker or "pinstripe wheel" eraser. Its a big rubber wheel that goes in your drill and it will erase the old graphics like they werent there. dont over RPM it though or you might give the gelcoat a rug burn.

Edited by Totem

indeed, then they are not vinyl graphics but paint.  if the desire is to remove vinyl graphics the wheel would be the choice but not if we are talking about paint. In a situation like this, I would be tempted top sand off the paint and then go over it with vinyl, as it were if it were my project. Otherwise water and ice are liable to get into the cracks of the cracked paint and mess up any new vinyl that's over top of it.

On a previous post Totem mentioned a liquid polymer floor covering that makes dull oxidized paint exteriors good for years but couldn't recall the name. Anyone knows about this? I have severe oxidized graphics on the hood of my Granville and would like to improve the appearance. It appears to be painted on @ the factory but not sure if its paint of vinyl. I've tried 303 marine spray...no luck! Thanks!

The ZEP product is a commercial floor finish like you used to see on the floors at school that the janitor would occasionally 'freshen up' with a new coat and polish to a high shine. Your surface has to be really clean before applying because any marks on it will be sealed under the high-built polymer. The stuff I bough from another manufacturer had 3 products in their 'system'. A 'Stripper', a 'Sealer' and a 'Polish'.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.zep-wet-look-floor-finish-378l.1000164304.htm

p_1000164304.jpg

The removal wheels work pretty good on the pinstripes and applied graphics.  I'm doing mine slowly between trips.  Paint is going to be another issue.  I did have to follow up with rubbing compound to take care of a little bit of residual stripe and to blend it in.  Didn't take long but there is just so much of it on this RV.  It will be a project just to do the cab.

canopy.jpg

Before

before.jpg

after

gone.jpg

Try one of these wheels. They will do the job for you.

https://www.amazon.com/AES-Industries-Pinstripe-Adhesive-Removal/dp/B0020HQRQC/ref=sr_1_16?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1467042473&sr=1-16&keywords=decal+remover

I have removed the decals from the entire cab and some of the house of my Itasca. Use a corded electric drill a cordless won't run long enough.

Use the rubber wheel to remove the decal it may leave a residue at the edges. For this you will use goo be gone and a plastic scraper.

After the decals are removed there will be some ghosting or color drift. Use a small buffer with some rubbing compound  to blend out the ghosting.

Go easy with the compound don't burn the paint.

The polisher I used. http://www.walmart.com/ip/WEN-6-Waxer-Polisher/22053050

20160524_101528_zpsbn0rnih1.jpg~original20160308_145758_zpst4x1rtcz.jpg