Saying hello with pictures (warning questions inside)

systematical

Hey everyone. Just purchased a 1990. No idea on the manufacture of the RV as I can't find any sort of indication, maybe some of you can help on that. Dropped $3,800 for it and the engine and transmission feel great. I'm a work from home software engineer and plan to work really remotely now traveling the country. This has been a dream of mine for 5+ years and at 31 with no kids, no girlfriend, and my German Shepard Beast, I'm ready to head out in a few months after repairs.

She's a bit ripped apart right now as I am learning, but I do intend on performing a total makeover. Now for the questions.

1. Rear tire (picture below) appears to be leaking what I assume is differential fluid, not sure how to fix that.

2. Over cab bed is in shambles. Where does one get materials to fix that?

3. The over cab bed front window over the driver side is cracked, I'd like replace those with some nice tinted windows. Where is a good source for that?

4. The generator appears to be leaking oil? What could that be?

Since I'll be working out of this, I'd appreciate from hearing from folks who have done the same a long with any advice. Would like to hear from all of you actually thanks.

IMG_20160620_144554264.jpg

IMG_20160620_144512055.jpg

IMG_20160620_144503023.jpg

IMG_20160620_144452622.jpg

IMG_20160620_144348449.jpg

IMG_20160620_144336440.jpg

Your story sounds vaguely familiar. I'm a software developer who recently bought a Sunrader and have been fixing it up with the ultimate goal of going on the road for a bit.

I'm a newbie, so I can't help with much with your questions. I'd guess that's an Odyssey, but I'm sure one of the more experienced folks can say for sure.

Welcome to the fun!

Looks like a work in progress. Most large cities have at least one mattress manufacture if they are worth their salt they can make you one one in Portland Maine made the one for mine. The diff oil leak is from the axle to hub gasket easy fix just pull the axle new gasket or RTV. Look behind the drivers seat there should be a ID plate from who ever made the coach.

You might anticipate the brake linings being contaminated with oil too. So while you're at it you might as well inspect (and replace) both sides and do the rear wheel bearing inspect and repack at the same time unless you have evidence that they've been done recently.

the rear end has 90 weight oil in it.  That oil has to go through 2 seals to get out (unless some genius decided he was smarter than Toyota and left the inner seal out).  Discussed many times elsewhere in these forums (engines, tran,,,,).   I would definitely plan on going thru ALL the brakes before launching.

Welcome to the group.  Hello, my name is Eric, and I am a recovering Toyotaholic...

I am 6 months into my "I don't want a project" camper.  So much for that!

I have found SOOOO much info here.  This is an awesome resource.

Welcome and good luck.   My Toy had the bed area changed so the cushion no longer comes out.   The removable cushion is for accessing the camper from the cab, I'm 68 and not crawling through there!   I had to redo it as it was done rather poorly and then cut down a full size memory foam mattress and happy with the way it came out. 

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?/topic/9103-bed-over-cab/

I am thinking we should start a Toyoholic group for the truly twisted where we can seek help.    Jim