Negative micro-mini comix???

zero

I see a lot of negative comments in 60s-70s magazines about "foreign" micro-mini motorhomes.   Looking at this comic strip - I simply don't get it.  Is my sense of humour gotten that bad?   My wife doesn't get it either - but she is from a different planet (Michigan).

img109.jpg

I think the reference is the small camper couldn't see the traffic light change. The big camper had better vision?, so the small guy had to look through the roof to see the traffic light. By the time he got there the light had changed to red.

I agree, not sure what the humor is supposed to be.

Edited by fred heath

In January 1975 the cost of gas was on average 57 cents per gallon. Average wage was about $10,500. average gallon today is near $2.35,  wage today is $46,600..

Seems there is inflation and wage value loss in the US. in past 41 years.

1 hour ago, Totem said:

In January 1975 the cost of gas was on average 57 cents per gallon. Average wage was about $10,500. average gallon today is near $2.35,  wage today is $46,600..

Seems there is inflation and wage value loss in the US. in past 41 years.

How does that fit into the cartoon? I'm getting more confused with every post seemed pretty simple to me at first.