Hand pump 5gal water bottle

I am thinking of going with a hand pumped 5gal water bottle for my fresh water needs. Anyone doing this? What water filters would be good for a setup like this? (Say, I am on the road and can't buy a new fresh bottle, so I refill and filter from a tap or hose.) Pros? Cons? Suggestions?
I really do not want the 25gal tank and electric pump system I have now. I feel it is to heavy as well, I worry about stagnation, foul tastes and bad odors.
I also don't feel the need to use the electricity as my rig is so small, I haven't the room for any inverter larger than 2000w, so my electricity usage is a major factor.

B

Edited by Berticus

Whatever makes you happy. In the winter I carry a 7 gallon jug with a spigot and set it up on the sink when I need it. No biggie. I never had a problem finding clean water, so I have no advice on that.

We carry a 5 gallon plastic water jug with a spigot on the bottom.  Usually put a solid block of ice in it before we take off. Lasts for quite awhile. We sit it on the floor of our shower in the bathroom. Just high enough to stick a cup under it to fill easy by gravity.