Trailer / Tow hitch wiring

RunningMan

HI. i have an 86 Sunrader with the same crappy press connectors we all have.  Wiring is hit or miss underneath as they are old and dry...

So i removed and replaced what i could.  All new running lights and led bulbs interior and exterior. 

next i tied in  Hopkins-48915-Tail-Light-Converter .

Because the Toyota has separate blinkers from stop lights it needs a 5 wire converter hookup.  Installed with no problems and everything works as it should.

blink stop turn run

however, when the blinker is on the opposite stop lights dims with each blink

the ground is new and soldered - then bolted to frame.  I also tried to tie the ground into the harness but still same result. 

any suggestions?

So you have a pig tail connected to the converter to run your tail lights? This may have been a better choice for your project http://www.amazon.com/CURT-58240-Tail-Light-Converter/dp/B001EP0GI6 Less connections to loose voltage. They all use blocking diodes so there is going to be some voltage loss. That may be where your issue is. That is not correctable. If it's only doing it on one side then there is a bum connection somewhere.