6 rulers and 50 pencils

I have 6 rulers that are never where I need them, they like to get together and hide in one place and chat.  But it is never where I need them or can find them.

It is of little consequence that I cannot find a ruler, I cannot mark anything because of 50 pencils I have I cannot find one or if I do find one the point is broken or dull.

The amount of time I spend looking for rulers and pencils is mind boggling!    Jim

I like steel rulers because I can cut against the edge with a knife. That also means I can secure them for easy storage on a surface by sticking or adhering a magnet to that surface. You can do the same thing inside the lid of a toolbox. The big trick is making it convenient and easy to put them away.

Finding pencils...I buy them in the large sized packages at the office supply stores. Then I sharpen all of them and put them in various handy locations here and there. That way I don't have to hunt for very long to find one. I do have a "pencil cup", a 3M Command small Clear Caddy, mounted to the wall just inside the door of my Sunrader since I often need pens and pencils. But I have a backup quantity of them in a ziplock bag in my supplies drawer as well. I love the 3M clear caddies, lots of sizes, easy to hang and easy to remove.

1053009P

19 hours ago, jjrbus said:

they like to get together and hide in one place and chat

heh.  I think they're hanging out and partying in the 7th dimension somewhere with my stray flashlights, individual socks, sunglasses, and Elvis..........the only rulers I can't lose very well are the 4' ones, and even those, I give it a good try.  if I lived nearer to Roswell, at least I could blame it on the aliens.......:rolleyes: