Page Loading Function problem

Anybody else having trouble parsing page-by-page through posts ? I can view the first page of any post, but when I try to use the "Next" or page number radio buttons at the bottom of the page, I get the circular loading arrow, followed by,......well, nothing. (below)

I don't think Avast is choking anything off, and no other site/search seems affected but, I've only been wrong a million or two times before....

Running Win7(OS), Duck duck go (browser), 22R (processor).

Thanks, TGPaging Issue.jpg

I am running Win 7 and Fire fox,  the 2nd page always takes a long time to come up on this site.  I seldom have that issue on any other site I visit. At times I open another tab and look at something else while I am waiting.                    HTH  Jim

1st I've heard of this. Just tried going through all 3 pages of this Section and it only took a second or two to go to the next page. I'm not exactly on a blazingly fast setup. A 2-3 year old basic Acer laptop, DSL internet connection (Ping:- 12ms; Download:- 3.47Mbps; Upload:- 0.70Mbps on www.speedtest.net), Firefox 45.0.1, WiFi in the house.

Oh, and Windows 10 (Microsoft recently 'upgraded' from Win8.1, despite my continuously refusing their offer to do so. Screwed up my sound and trackpad and other weird things have happened ever since!!!!!). :(

Thanks guys

I may have to start "loosening up" on any prohibitive virus-ware or Windows settings and see what happens. I may have inadvertently restricted some function. Interesting it only happens on this site.

jjrbus, I am also running Firefox underneath it all, and I too have noticed of late it is getting pretty sleepy to get up and go (anywhere).

1-2 secs loading @ 3.4 Mbps sounds about like my previous experience prior to this latest issue Derek. I feel for you on the Win 10 issue, I have one stripped-down laptop with XP on it, just for email and movies in the RV and I am quite attached to it. It's SO quick compared to any other machine I have!  Probably keep it on there as long as I can, or until they put a human on Mars.

BR,

TG

Ok,... so  under a general topic, (ie General Discussion, Electrical, Coach Appliance Tech, News etc) I can easily choose an older page of post subjects and navigate through those  numerically and easily, but despite enabling every possible objectionable and promiscuous start-up and browser plugin, cookies and offering up a blood-sacrifice to Firefox gods, I still can't get to a different page of a single topic without going back to the first page, and choosing it*  from the initial page. Even then, I can only bring up the first 5 pages shown on the *Top-O-Page select-able buttons. (of course)

Will look at it more when time permits, stumped for now.

BR  TG

Good workaround jjrbus!!

Still haven't a clue as to what's up with this.

TG

I'm using the newest Google Chrome and when looking at page 1 of a thread, and then click on page 2 - I just get stuck in cyberspace. Only way to get there is to go back to the main menu and then pick the page I want.

Could be time for that turbo I couldn't afford! Think I'll try some Marvel Mystery Oil first.

Sorry for the delay responding to this problem. I have been in Oregon for our granddaughters birth and had no internet most of the time. 

Anyhow I was able to reproduce it also. I have disabled the google ads and it seems to have fixed the problem. So everyone please do some browsing and report back here.

Greg

Thanks Greg, it proves once again, .....you just gotta know the right guy ;)