Think your Toyota is slow? Try a Subaro 360

1 hour ago, jdemaris said:

360 cc Subaru sold in 1969 with an RV trailer. Not sure if it was sold as a "Subaro" or that is just a misprint.

SubaroTL69_8.jpg

Looks more like a Fiat to me but Subaru did make a 360 from 1958-1971 I'll bet that was a blazing performer with 356 CC's apparently about 10,000 made it to the states. Probably would make a good collectors item.

I think there's a certain similarity in appearance of sub-500cc microcars the world over.

blazing performer, no doubt.  I should get one and go drag race Isettas, Topolinos, and Deuxcheveaux for pink slips.......[where's my Don Garlits smiley?]

that's a cute trailer.....sort of a canned ham version of the Casita/Scamp idea.  would sell for the beeg buxxx in Santa Fe.

• 1 year later...

Don't knock baby Subarus.  My husband once outran the local police one dark and snowy night.  He was putting along thinking his own thoughts in our 3-cylinder Justy, and they were driving the usual souped up Caprice.  When he finally came out of his brown study and pulled over, the trooper was flabbergasted, said he'd been trying to catch up with him for the last 3 miles.  He wasn't speeding or anything, just put put putting along through the snow in the sort of conditions that make big over-torqued V8's go sideways (our previous Buick LeSabre had the same problem).  Apparently they were looking for someone driving a small white hatchback, who wasn't him, so they wished him goodnight and sent him on his way.  But we all had a good laugh, cause that little baby didn't have enough power to pull the skin off a milk pudding.