Installing Leaf Spring Bushings On 85 Sunrader

Mechanic tried putting bushings on springs, no problem on passenger side

said black tank in the way on drivers side, do we need to drop tank to install?

Yup with the shorty Sunrader's the bolts are smack dab shoved up next to the black tank. I looked at mine and I can not imagine changing the bushings out without removing the tank. Still others have said they did it but mentioned nothing about tank removal. I would love to have someone explain how this could be accomplished. Anyone?

Linda S

Yup with the shorty Sunrader's the bolts are smack dab shoved up next to the black tank. I looked at mine and I can not imagine changing the bushings out without removing the tank. Still others have said they did it but mentioned nothing about tank removal. I would love to have someone explain how this could be accomplished. Anyone?

Linda S

the propane tank which is located on the passenger side of a 86 sunrader 4x4 (black tank) must be removed in order to remove the rear spring shackle. the nuts are on the inside and the outer bolts of the shackle are welded. so the only way to remove the shackle is to close the propane valve, remove the hose that connects to the valve and then remove the four bolts that hold the tank to the frame. once u drop down the tank out of the way the shackle can then be removed and bushings replaced.

then re install the tank in reverse order. ( replace the bolts with stainless and now would be the time to test/replace the propane valve or fuel gauge if needed)

Any room for a crow foot?

Driver side took me an extra hour because the Warrior's muffler was next to the spring bushing. I had to reach around and work by feel.