Not A Toyota

jjrbus

I wonder how many 'real world' MPG they get?

I bet not very good. One can infer. My 1993 B250 van with the same 3.9 engine got a best of 17.5 MPG at 60 MPH and that is just a van.

Also there is this report from a Dakota with the 3.9 and a small slide-on camper on the back.

2002 Dakota 3.9V6 and carry a Sunlite (Apache) 6.9 on the back. I had to install a set of SuperSprings to level off the back.

Acceleration to 50 mph is about the same. Gas mileage went from about 19 to 12mpg. If I drive at 55-60 mph, the mileage taint too bad, but get a heavy foot and you swear the needle moves as you drive.

I did not consider mileage, I wondered where that tag axle was from, likely off some odd thing like a Yugo, that takes Brazilian brake pads and African bearings. Jim

Serro Scotty is an American trailer manufacturer that was in business for a very long time. They didn't make motorhomes for long but they made good ones. One of the few companies that made a stock 4x4 motorhome too. Some history and I don't think your going to find any foreign references

http://www.scottytrailers.com/scottyhistory.php

Linda S

I did not consider mileage

I've seen reports posted where the Scottys on full size trucks get better mileage then on the smaller Dakota platform with the 3.9 V6. I know the ones with 5.9 Cummins diesels can get 15-16 MPG at 60 MPH. This one here is for a full-size with a 318 V8 gas engine.

1994 Dodge Scotty Serro Motorhome Class C (Gas mileage compared to Toyota) based on Dodge D100 with 318 V8. 21 foot. 16 mpg going 50mph, 13 mpg going 60mph, 12 mpg going 70mph, In town I get 10 mpg.