A Parts-Price "holy Cow!!"

zero

Not a Toyota -but at least with a Japanese brand name. Next time you feel a Toyota part is overpriced - look at this. A new fuel pump for over $3000 !!! I don't need one - at least not yet. But I just bought a 2008 Suzuki XL7 AWD that is more-or-less a GM in disguise. Has a half-as*ed recall on the fuel-pump module forever ONLY if it leaks. But Suzuki no longer exists in the USA so I doubt any recall can ever be honored. So I got looking around just to see what a new fuel pump costs. I really wish NOW this thing was a Toyota. I also bought a Pontiac Vibe AWD last week that actually IS a Toyota and now I wish I'd gotten it. That Vibe is just a Toyota Matrix with a Pontiac name-tag.

post-6578-0-16128100-1447084936_thumb.jp

Better hurry over to RockAuto they are only $2200, 2 left in stock.

The Suzuki XL7 is pretty much a Chevy Equinox platform. I think Suzuki bought the drivetrain and then added a few little changes to make it their own. Exact sa 3.6 liter engine and trans as many GMs. But for some reason the fuel-pump module is different then for the GMs. Since it is a "module" with all sorts of other crap including - likely there are subtle differences in some of the non-pump parts and was made only for these Suzukis. There is also a half-baked "recall" the fuel-pumps. But only if they start leaking externally and since there is no more Suzuki in the USA - I doubt there's anyone to honor that recall anyway. I must admit I was shocked when I saw the price for new ones and how seemingly scarce they are. I bought a used one today from a junkyard for $55. I don't need it now but wanted to have on "in stock" in case anything ever goes wrong.