I have decided to get new tires for the 1990 Toyota Winnebago Warrior and I am going to purchase the Nexen SV820 185R 14/8 100P from Walmart and have them installed. What should I know about the stems? Is there anything else I should know and check with this work being done?

Hi Sherrie, I've got a 91 Warrior w/V6 and ordered those exact tires through Walmart. You've probably read some of the various threads regarding tires/valves already, but I'll just highlight the following...

1. The Nexen tires have worked fine for us so far. I've only put a few thousand miles on them but have been satisfied with the quality, traction, and ride so far.
  2. Walmart probably won't be able to balance them on their machine. I guess some locations can and some can't, depending on their available equipment/adapters. I had to go to a local shop for the balancing, once the tires had been mounted (unexpected and kind of a pain, yes).
  3. I purchased and brought my own brand-new OEM valves, and Walmart was happy to use those. You can find them on eBay at this link (I think I remember that the seller was willing to waive the additional shipping charges and "bundle" the six.)

Hope this was helpful.

Hi Sherrie, I've got a 91 Warrior w/V6 and ordered those exact tires through Walmart. You've probably read some of the various threads regarding tires/valves already, but I'll just highlight the following...

1. The Nexen tires have worked fine for us so far. I've only put a few thousand miles on them but have been satisfied with the quality, traction, and ride so far.
  2. Walmart probably won't be able to balance them on their machine. I guess some locations can and some can't, depending on their available equipment/adapters. I had to go to a local shop for the balancing, once the tires had been mounted (unexpected and kind of a pain, yes).
  3. I purchased and brought my own brand-new OEM valves, and Walmart was happy to use those. You can find them on eBay at this link (I think I remember that the seller was willing to waive the additional shipping charges and "bundle" the six.)

Hope this was helpful.

Do I need 6 valves or only 4 for the dully?

One valve per tire—so, six valves needed total (seven, if you're replacing your spare, too).

That valve looks way too long for the outside tire. The valve needs to be either short enough to get air in it or at least be short enough to install a 90 degree extension. If someone made this work I would love to see a close up picture.

Linda S

That valve looks way too long for the outside tire. The valve needs to be either short enough to get air in it or at least be short enough to install a 90 degree extension. If someone made this work I would love to see a close up picture.

Linda S

Are you talking about the 90942-05026 valves the poster bought on Ebay? If so, looks right to me. Basically the same as a generic TR544 metric truck-tire valve but pre-bent. Approx. 2.8" long and made to fit a 9.7 mm rim-hole on the OEM TOPY 6-lug rims. I used them on my 1988 Minicruiser and also on my 78 Chinook (with 1987 wheels and FF rear). The generic TR544s come straight but are easy to bend. The Toyota valves come pre-bent.

post-6578-0-58613000-1445540388_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-71363800-1445540390_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-08443700-1445540392_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-38610500-1445540393_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-37568800-1445540394_thumb.jp

Yeah now that I see the wheels it looks OK. I just went through a major ordeal finding valve stems that would work for the outside and inside wheels. Never realized that nothing would fit until the end. My 86 has the 6 hand holes and all the wheel holes are much smaller than the 3 hand hole wheels. I ended up putting the shortest possible metal valve stems on the outside and snap in high pressure rubber and metal combo valve stems on the inside. Even with the shortest possible metal stems on the inside no extensions would fit. The snap in ones on it now move just enough so I can thread the extension on. See how the wheel hole extends a little bit into the flat section of the wheel. Mine doesn't at all. In fact opening ends about 1/2 inch below the flat center section. These stems would not work on my rig at all except in the front.

Linda S

I had my tire guy install tire sand *dynabeads"; unlike tire sticker or clamp weights that quickly wear out of balance, tire sand spins free inside the tire and seeks the balance from centripetal action.

I have put it in every heavy duty tire I run. The result... no more shaking at speeds. great for 2500 and 3500 dually trucks also.

To the best of my knowledge the #9094205026 is a good match for the 89-95 Toyota RV. I purchased 7, one for each tire, so rotation is possible or putting spare in any position.

Myself and others I know have had issues with valve extensions, I don't like them, I am not going to use them. My opinion after almost losing a $400 tire!

Had JD posted about the generic TR544s earlier, I would have purchased those instead, I have no issues bending them, some might not care for that.

These valve stems will require the use of or work best with a straight inflator/gauge. Your local air pump at 7/11 will not work on them, or may work with great difficulty. Anywhere that deals with trucks will have this type of inflator/gauge.

A bit to learn here but no big deal. Jim

post-8092-0-00620500-1445545044_thumb.jppost-8092-0-85254600-1445545119_thumb.jppost-8092-0-82059500-1445545166_thumb.jp

I have short metal valve stems. I have rubber extensions for the 2 inner duallies.

I carry a reverse inflator which I put on whatever air hose I encounter if they do not have one, alternatively I carry a rubber extension so I can use it to access the metal stems (the other 4 can not be reached with a "straight on" inflator - note PIC shows quick release which I do not have installed

I put a small piece of heaterhose over the extensions - I have beauty rims which have an edge that would cut them

I use extensions so I can rotate the tires. By using a triangular pattern I can rotate without having to flip a tire and reverse rotational direction

BTW< I run hanakook RA08 - got them from walmart,com. Walmart can mount & balance them. Looks like walmart.com does not have them in stock right now. I had to remove the wheels and give them to walmart as they would not put the camper on their lift. I carry 3 jack stands and a 4ton harbor freight jack

post-1354-0-91525500-1445558077_thumb.jp

post-1354-0-16374400-1445558121_thumb.jp