Replacement Roof Material?

kbeecher

Ok, so I went in head first on a project restoring my 86 Toyota Dolphin, started with the roof, and the further I got, the more rotted wood i found.... Now Im down to the floor, and ready to build back up. FINALLY.

The problem is, when tearing off the roof, i got a little too gun-ho and actually ripped part of the metal sheeting, at the time i figured, "oh that will be easy to replace" but after a many searches on the interwebs, and talking to folks at the local RV store its becoming a pretty difficult task to figure out... :help:

Also, looking for suggestions on what to use to attach the fiberglass sides back on to the walls after i completely re-build them? i saw somewhere in here someone was using polyester resin? when i tore it off it had hard pink epoxy looking stuff holding everything together.... anyone know what that is? is there something better to use because it looks like im going to need a truck load!

really appreciate ANY help!

BTW attached is a current picture of the work. and of course me being a goof in the background

post-8474-0-08207500-1444968580_thumb.jp

Go to Ebay and search EPDM roofing

EPDM is the one and only true way to fix old metal roof manufactured homes . common to use on them and rv also. lady down the street just had a 14 by 70 done with that looks great.

Not wanting EPDM.... Wanting to buy similar metal that was on it and do it 100% original on the outside. found similar stuff for mobile homes but not 100% exact, and not sure it could bend over the edge correctly when installing

Thanks for the replies! Keeping this a rv too btw. Lol.