Why Do Hobos Drive Rvs?

MontanaChinook

I know! Scary. 

Once I realized this is going to be a slightly longer-term thing, that stuff started to sound nice. Won't get used much, but when I need it, it will be so nice to have it. 

Now I just need to keep reminding myself: Everything works in this camper. Nothing needs to be done. Because it's so tempting...replace the roof vent with a fantastic fan/vent (already ordered)...new power center...already ordered a new axle with new brakes, springs and hubs...Surprisingly cheap compared to a motorhome axle!

The Chinook had it's problems, but all the appliances were brand new, and I had added everything I want to it. On some level I'm starting over, but starting over on a much more luxury platform. And this one doesn't need to be gutted :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you keep the solar from the Chinook?

Well you could start a new thread about your new RV in the Misc area that is for non Toyota things. But since this was always your thread and it was not particularly about Toyhomes in specific then why bother? It is a very cool trailer and I know I will enjoy reading about it and hope to see more about it.

Yeah maybe I will post some updates over here. 

I'm with Linda on that one: it's a fiberglass camper, powered by a Toyota, so it qualifies!

New axle with new brakes/bearings/leaf springs goes on next week. This will also give it a 4" lift. New battery yesterday. When the weather is right, I'll be resealing all roof vents and installing the fantastic fan. Then I'll try to just use it for awhile before I throw anymore money at it. 

Yep, a Toyota powered RV.

2 hours ago, Totem said:

unless it was a diesel powered Toyota... in that case you will be banished to TOTEMJDE land forever....MUHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

LOL. ?