Marker Lights

Totem

Hi folks. My original bargman markers have bit this dust. I am looking for a good cheap replacement that doesn't eat bulbs or need maintenance.

My thought is LED, so was wondering if anyone has any links to what they have used (experience only please) that have held up well.

Please post replies with links below:

Totem I used PM Peterson 180 Piranah LED lights. V180A and V180R =A-amber R=red

They are a near perfect match for outside measurements but the mounting holes are different. You have to seal old holes and drill for new screw holes. They are much brighter and always work. Installed them 2/2014

post-1172-0-17193700-1438009844_thumb.jp

post-1172-0-54687500-1438009862_thumb.jp

post-1172-0-36487400-1438009885_thumb.jp

I found after some ebaying that Bargman released the J-225 (99 series shell) lights in waterproof... these are more expensive at $48 for 12 but leaves me with 1 spare of each. I'm thinking I will pull the trigger on them since drilling into that prestine sunrader roof would make me want to cry; these should match the oem drill holes.

Bonus: I can reuse my existing lenses as spares also.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301402370207

Sounds like you got a great deal for 12 at $48.00. I replaced all 12 of mine (7 red in the back, 5 amber in the front) with these guys:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CDWWZTM?redirect=true&ref_=s9_ps_ot_d99_g263_i1

$7.00 a pop but 6 LEDs and BRIGHT, huge improvement over the incandescent originals. Had to redrill one hole and then sealed the bases all the way around with clear silicon adhesive - still good & leak free after a couple months

• 1 month later...

I replaced mine with LEDs and they are bright

I used a piece of aluminum 1/4 inch thick by 5.5 inches long and 2 inches wide. I mounted my lights to that first then I mounted the light attached to aluminum backer to the RV

I tapped threads into the aluminum that way I just unscrew the lights from backer instead of the fiberglass. No more loose fiberglass holes again.

I'd post pics but I can't figure out how?

• 1 year later...

Revisiting this thread. The leds i got still work great BUT my use of liquid tape to plug the hole to the wires shrank and they leaked! All this time i thought i had a condensation problem but after finding the bed soaked after a rain and my ceiling headliner mildewing i peeled it back to discover this. My solution is to caulk the lights to the fiberglass and on the inside use the same. Guess thats what i get for trying to use liquid tape.

I agree Totem. When I replaced all the clearance lights on my rig I used a bunch of butyl tape around the wires and also plugged the wire holes with the tape and used ProSeal around the whole light fixture on the inside. Time will tell if this will seal the lights as my rig has been stored inside over the winter. Hope the leak isn't too severe for your Beautiful Toy!