Any Yahoo Messenger With Win8 Users?

My hard drive crashed last week so I bought a new one and had Win8 reinstalled by the Geeks @ Best Buy. Now Yahoo Messenger doesn't work as it's always done. It still works normally for me on my old laptop with Win XP. A friend is also having problems with her Win8 computer but not on her iPad.

Anyone?

Window 8 or 8.1? Microsoft lists Yahoo Messenger 11 as compatible on both Can you be more specific as to what you mean by doesn't work. Network, sign in or other issue such as won't install?

Win8.1. Was signed in as normal. In the message window the messages weren't appearing. Totally blank. I'd type a message, hit send and it would disappear. I use the stand-alone version of Messenger. Anyway, turns out the other party uses some version that's integrated with Yahoo mail and that sees to somehow have been the problem. With the stand-alone version now installed on the other computer, all seems to have returned to normal. I'll probably never understand how that was somehow affecting MY computer display!! :)