Giant Dog Crate

Supurcar

I just saw this area and had to mention our dogs. They are the reason we bought this thing really, as you see we have three JRT dogs. The Mother (Jetty) is a good racing dog (Purina dog challenge) and we thought to have a litter of puppies about 4 years ago. We kept one puppy (Rico) with the best markings to also race and possibly breed, as he is papered and and has great markings. Well to make a long story long another of the puppies (Archie) got off the leash and ran in front of a car and was badly banged up, we spent a lot of money to save him. So we ended up with three, as we did not think it would be fair to sell Archie because he may need future surgeries on his hip.

Back to the RV, when ever we wanted to go anywhere we had to either pay a kennel to hold our dogs, or cram the 3 maniacal Jack Russells in a sedan and try to vacation. When I noticed the Sunrader and found out it was affordable my wife and I decided to buy the thing.

We sent out pictures of it to friends and family, and my wife's cousin thought it looked like a giant dog crate, I thought that was pretty funny. She knows why we bought it, so it was not meant as an insult to the Sunrader, but as a dog joke. We look forward to a lot of fun trips in this Sunrader.

post-1272-1195456321_thumb.jpg

Hello again , Robert...

Jack Russels, huh. Very quick, very yapping dogs. A neighbor had one. Kept getting loose. I read up on the Jack Russels at that time and to my amazement , they were bred as dogs to control bulls. Quick little buggers, as I watched the neighbors dog run in front of a car turning the corner in front of my house, he got in front of the car and braced him/her self as him/her self yapped at the car. The driver would go forward a few feet and stop , the dog would retreat a few feet ,continue yapping and stop retreating. I shook my head at this behavior, knowing that sooner or later, a driver would get fed up . Sorry to say, the dog is no longer part of the LIVING community , if lack of appearances is any indication.

I really hate to see this much energy dissappear, in a weird twisted way. He/she gave it his/her all..

:wub:

I really hate to see this much energy dissappear, in a weird twisted way. He/she gave it his/her all..

I had a friend who had a Jack Russell. His sister had Irish Wolf Hounds. The Jack Russell would not let them out of his sisters SUV when they came to visit. Was a very strange sight to see, one Jack Russell holding off two Irish Wolf Hounds. Very protective dogs, too. Was not long ago that one gave its life protecting a group of kids from two pit bulls down in New Zealand.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

LOL... My dad has two JRT's and while he doesn't show them, they are his constant companions in his larger motor home...

Us, on the other hand, we have our dear Baby and Niko that accompany us everywhere... in our little 21' Sunline!!

Enjoy!

Leprechan and Dragon

Ocracoke Island Bound!

post-1534-1208374755_thumb.jpg

post-1534-1208374810_thumb.jpg

post-1534-1208375647_thumb.jpg

Edited by Carrie and Phillip Ives

• 1 year later...

traveling in our motorhome with our 2 dogs is a joy! we have a toy poodle and now a chi puppy, but we also sit for my sister's little dogs too. she has 2 chi's and a yorkiepoo. we have a roll of fencing and several lightweight fence posts with pegs on the bottom you can step on to push into the ground. the dogs are all small enough, although we have used this with a miniature schnauzer we fostered for a while too, that they don't put a lot of weight on it. we made a gate and when we stop to camp we just push in the fenceposts, roll out the fencing around the posts and the awning posts, and open the door! the dogs love to travel and camp and we don't have to worry about tie outs and tangles!

we have a 1987 travelmaster savanah with the rear bath. we bought it 2 years ago and have done a bit of work on it, mainly replacing the nasty old carpet with 8" wide strips of 3/8" plywood that my husband stained and polyurethaned. we replaced the table and top of the fridge with plywood treated like the floor. it's a dream to keep clean! I think after all the years of tenting, then a pop-up, and then a small travel trailer we customized, we have really found this to be the most enjoyable experience of all, and by far the easiest with the dogs :)