New Fuel Tank?

heepnerd

Amy,

A regular stock fuel tank (17 gal) for a whatever year Toyota pick-up truck is probably all you need. Jc Whitney probably has it or maybe can find one in a a junkyard.

Most of the Toyota motor home manufacturers used the stock fuel tanks. Sunrader had an optional 26 gal tank but it used stock Toyota connections, etc.

What kind of tank do you have?

Allen

If you want to save a ton of money a wrecking yard would be your best bet. You did not say why the one you have needs to be replaced. Non stock tanks usually are larger capacity around 22 gal and highly sought after. The stock tank will be 17 or 12 gal I think.

Greg

• 10 months later...

I just had a new tank built in Fort Wayne, IN. They could get an original but the price from CA was $1200 plus shipping and handling. So they had one built at a radiator shop nearby. Cost about $800. The suggestions for getting one at a junkyard are good, just be sure it's not rusted badly. The advantage of having one built is that you can install a larger capacity tank, depending on the dimensions of your gas tank void.

John H

SW Ohio

'86 Sunrader, 21'; 22RE, auto 58K miles

• 1 month later...
Hi

Was wondering if anyone could tell me where to find a new tank for a 85 Dolphin, it's not the original one in there right now but whatever will work.

Thanks,

Amy

Hi, Amy. I just pulled yesterday, the fuel tank out of a 1984 Huntsman. It's in pretty good shape and half full of gas.-Jeff

• 2 months later...
I just had a new tank built in Fort Wayne, IN. They could get an original but the price from CA was $1200 plus shipping and handling. So they had one built at a radiator shop nearby. Cost about $800. The suggestions for getting one at a junkyard are good, just be sure it's not rusted badly. The advantage of having one built is that you can install a larger capacity tank, depending on the dimensions of your gas tank void.

John H

SW Ohio

Amy, I have a tank I recently removed from an '84 Huntsman. I would think it is the stock Toyota tank. It looks OK. The RV had only 70K on it, but got torched on Halloween. The drive train and associated parts are all available if anyone is interested. I took the rear 1 ton axle assembly off and installed it under my '81 Mini Cruiser.- Jeff

• 1 year later...

John H

SW Ohio

Could you give me some info on who did this for you? We are close to Ft. Wayne and would like to add a larger gas tank. Bobbie S