How did I get so lucky? :) Doing a happy dance. New to me seats to replace the seats from hell. These came from a 2000 Mercedes Kompressor. The person I got them from has already modified them to bolt right into my Datsun/Nissan 720 that powers my Sunrader. Fully electric, fully adjustable and they are heated. Not a rip or tear on them, no worn areas on the leather either. The pair came with a center console box that is also ready to screw right into my truck. All this for ...hold onto your jaw...$50.00.

I did have to battle I-5 traffic for the 4 hour round trip drive to fetch them home but it was so worth it :). He also gave me (free) a really good battery that I will substitute for my worn out house battery.

post-6369-0-58059800-1435020380_thumb.jp

He was cleaning house from stuff that was for a project that went in a different direction when he discovered the bench seat in the 720 truck he bought to fix up for his son was welded in and therefore these seats were not going to work out for his project.

I will get back to work tomorrow and finish up installing the new floor covering and its insulation padding in the cab. Then I can put the seats in and try them out! Too bad there is not enough room behind the seats to fully recline them. But with all that ability to fine tune the adjustment my bad back will be so much better off than in any other car I have owned. Well maybe it won't beat out my S10, I could drive a 14 hour day in those seats without pain.

Don't you feel the least bit guilty???

Should look great.

Don't you feel the least bit guilty???

Should look great.

No guilt involved. They wanted the items to go to someone who was fixing up a Datsun. They were not likely to have paid much for them either. Its just passing it along. My original seats have good frames and springs so they will get passed along in the same spirit to someone who is wanting to do an original restoration on a Datsun. There are quite a few Ratsun members looking for the original seats to restore.