Smokey Mountains

PapaFred

First trip with my new Weber carb.Performed excellent climbing these Tennessee hills! Got 15.5 mpg with the 22r 4 speed and I'm loaded down! Weather is awesome near 80 yesterday and 75 today, Going from Gatlinburg to Cherokee tomorrow over the pass! Will post how that goes later.

Knew I shouldn't have bragged about the weather because it rained the next 2 days. It still was a great little shakedown trip. Climbed up over 6,000 feet mostly in 3rd gear couple times in 2nd. Real happy with the toy's performance. Had it a year now and thanks to the great information on this forum other than some minor plumbing problems I'm through working on it and ready to play! Put the right rearend in and new weber carb, changed all fluids from front to back. Thanks to this forum I'm ready to travel.

Great to hear good things about the webber carb. Just put one on my toy home 1982 22r. Any advice on the carb would be great !!! Did you re gear the dually axle ? or just swap the recalled one ? Enjoy the trip !

First off I'm a carpenter not a mechanic. My best friend from high school put the rear-end and carb in at no charge! What a friend! I did give him a case of my wife's pickled okra. The rear-end came out of a junkyard in Chattanooga $600 wheels too. The gears looked good and was a 4:10 so we went with it. The toy was no fun to drive, going dead at red lights not idling right pouring gas in carb to crank. Went with the weber $300 fuel regulator and gauge. Best $$& I've spent so far like night and day! Mine had a smog pump and it also served as tensioner on ac belt. We took it off and gutted it plugged 2 back holes with PVC pipe and put it back on! And man do I love my toy!