Confusing For Sale Ad?

zero

This ad had my head spinning a little. Some guy in Africa with a poor command of English and an even poorer knowledge of Toyota RVs?

1993 Toyota Class C Motorhome - $2000

1993 Class C RV fuel : gastransmission : automatictitle status : clean cylinders : 6 cylinders

condition: excellent

1993 Toyota Class C Motorhome. This RV-Recreation VEHICLE, meaning it is self powered, is
a 6 cyclinder 5 speed automatic transmission. It has AC on cab or truck part and good heat. The
engine is 20 R if you know Toyotas and runs and drives good, no smoke and trans shifts good. I prefer phone text (9one8) 901-7536. Thank you

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/rvs/4897135419.html

I have flagged four 1993 Toyota Winnebagos this week alone on Craigslist here in Wisconsin They even all use the same photo, price, and ad information.

LOL 918 area code isnt even in the state of michigan.... its in Oklahoma. I am sure they will want you to wire transfer $20,000 to africa and will gladly share with you $25,000 when you do.

Also did they still put 20 R's in in 1993? by then it should have been a 22RE (efi) or a v6, not the carb 4.

The bad info was my point. A six-cylinder 20R engine? Five-speed auto trans? At least with the trans, I can see someone calling it a 5 speed (a stretch though) since the converter-lockup adds an "almost" fifth gear. You'd think a bonifide scammer would do a little more research before posting.

I saw one of these style adds once listed in craigs michigan with an address in georgia. I went and did a google earth on the address and panned the camera to the address; it was in the biggest hillbilly ghetto ever. The redneck equivalent of southside Chicago gone wrong. there were one legged chickens in the picture circling a beat up trailerhome that was overgrown with elephant grass and trees literally growing through the roof and out of the trailerhome. of course the googlemaps pictures had no toyhome in them; at least not like Lindas address does :)

My address in googlemaps must have an old flyover; still no motorhome in my photo.

hehe, I am nosy. i looked my own house up but it is so BFE that there is no roadside camera only aerial view; and the aerial is very old; none of my cars in it nor is the home improvements I have made.

yep the scammers addresses when viewed from google are always hysterically funny. many don't even have a home and are just a lot with a mailbox.