This Is A Cheap And Safe Way To Rv Full Time And Have Full Hookups

gr8white

I became an Elks and Moose lodge member because alot of them have RV hookups and it has saved me tons of money. I pay 12-15.00 per night and I have stayed at Elks and Moose lodges since I got my membership and nowhere else. I have been full timing since July 2014. They have full hookups in most cases. Dry camp is 5.00. I have never had a hard time finding a lodge with RV hookups as the list is endless. Here is a link to the Elks lodges with RV hookups. https://www.elks.org/lodges/LocalFacilities.cfm The Elks has more hookups than the Moose but its nice to have both. The other nice thing is people help each other and they treat you like family because you are a member. They are both charity organizations and always have fun events. Its nice to know that any money you do pay goes to children or vets. The Elks Lodge started and funded the VA Hospital and the GI bill and then donated both to the government. Most have kitchens and the food is home made and dirt cheap. I wanted to pass this info along and I hope that it helps someone. Feel free to ask any questions that you might have. I am currently staying at the Elks Lodge in San Antonio and love it here. They have taught me how to cook world class chili from an award winning chili cook and I will enter my first chili cookoff next weekend against 140 other chili cooks.

I've always wanted to join an organization like this! Thanks for posting. I was reading over the membership requirements and it said I would need to get two co sponsor elk members. How do I find them? Are they appointed to me?

The elks hold all kinds of events that the public can go to. Just look at the calendar. Then attend and introduce yourself and ask about membership and how you can get sponsored. The club next door to me has an open to public night and summer bar-b-que anyone welcome almost every week. I have had the members say to me..would you like me to sponsor you without my even asking. The more members the merrier, it helps pay to keep the clubs open.

The elks hold all kinds of events that the public can go to. Just look at the calendar. Then attend and introduce yourself and ask about membership and how you can get sponsored. The club next door to me has an open to public night and summer bar-b-que anyone welcome almost every week. I have had the members say to me..would you like me to sponsor you without my even asking. The more members the merrier, it helps pay to keep the clubs open.

One Of the rules say you need to do it in your home state - do you think that really applies? I'm in my "home state" about a month a year. Maybe I misread it.

One Of the rules say you need to do it in your home state - do you think that really applies? I'm in my "home state" about a month a year. Maybe I misread it.

I am sure there is an email address or phone number for a club near your home state domicile address. They are the people you should be asking about membership requirements and how to join if you are out of town most of the year.

Sunset from two evenings ago. I took the photo on the beach that is in front of the Elks club in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle, WA. You can dry camp overnight in the big parking lot if you are a member. http://ballardelks.org/

attachicon.gifsunset022015.JPG

Beautiful! I talked to my brother who's been a part of the Moose Lodge for quite some time and he said their RV accessible locations are far and few between and that Elk was better for that kind of stuff.

I'm going to give my local Elk Lodge a call up!

Edited by new86horizon

I didnt become an Elks Member until I was in Las Vegas from my home state in PA. I met an Elks member and they sponsored me. If you call a lodge and say you want to be a member often they will have a member sponsor you no problem. Their public events is a good way as well. If you happen to be coming to San Antonio I can help you become a member.

I didnt become an Elks Member until I was in Las Vegas from my home state in PA. I met an Elks member and they sponsored me. If you call a lodge and say you want to be a member often they will have a member sponsor you no problem. Their public events is a good way as well. If you happen to be coming to San Antonio I can help you become a member.

Great if we do California I will let you know! Does it take 2 months like it says on the site? Are dues expensive? For moose they were around $70 a year for a couple.