Has Anyone Gone Up Old Fall River Rd?

Bob C

I am going to be going through Rocky Mountain National Park and would like to take Old Fall River Rd from near Estes Park to the pass. I know that it is steep but would like to do it because I have heard that the trip is absolutely beautiful.

Has anyone taken this route with a Toyhouse?

Not much help from me. I went in to the park at Granby and came out at Estes. Made it over the pass OK. Just a bit slow over the top, 1st gear and all that.

Well it won't be open until spring but why don't you just watch the video and then take a better road. ooh scary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjx0AqaH2lg

You'll notice at the end there is not a single motorhome at the big parking lot. Maximum grade 9.7%. Maximum grade on the newer Fall River road is 7%. Big difference in a Toyota motorhome at that altitude

Linda S

I am going to be going through Rocky Mountain National Park and would like to take Old Fall River Rd from near Estes Park to the pass. I know that it is steep but would like to do it because I have heard that the trip is absolutely beautiful.

Has anyone taken this route with a Toyhouse?

There were floods in that area not all that long ago, last year, that washed out a lot of the roads. You need to check and see it is a viable route. But I will ask my boyfriend, he has gone to that park frequently as he was working in Loveland, CO quite often in the last 10 years. I went up that way a couple of years ago but we were in a Miata and I was busy looking at scenery not paying much attention to the grades since he was driving.

It is very beautiful indeed. I went in the fall when the Aspens were in their golden glory.