Url4Short.info Redirect When Clicking On Toyoforums

Yup it has always been an issue. If you want to find something on this site come here first and then search. Lots of viruses looking to find you on Google. Those url short things are always trying to download something and I'm pretty sure it's not good. I have shut my computer off in some cases cause they wouldn't let me click off of them.

Linda S

You seriously take that much time when a virus is downloading into your system? WIFI off is instant. Of course it took micro seconds for some virus code to get into your system so I never simply go on as if nothing happened. Better safe than sorry

Linda S

Comments have been removed so it looks like I'm talking to myself here. My original comment about not searching on Google for toyotamotorhomes.com info is valid though. Very often the links Google will show you don't come here and they can take you to some very unpleasant sites. We have a search function on the top right corner of the forum page. Unfortunately it only takes you to the thread that has your info, not the post. In the case of the" what did you do to your toyhome today" thread that means you have to search through 45 plus pages of stuff to find what you want. I really wish people would stop using that thread for anything good cause it's pretty much lost to us. I like Dolphinite's recent comment about opening his cabinet doors for the winter. Funny, simple, and not an intensive repair that someone else might learn from. Years from now when were all in nursing homes and the toy is long gone wouldn't it be nice if some of our cool fixes helped some kid save one of our old toyhomes from the junk yard. Only can happen if they can find them.

Linda

Linda, I did little bit of research, the bug/virus is probably code embedded in forum php. It has been nearly 10 years since I worked with php, so pardon my rustiness.

I tried to paste the link but I could not paste anything to this editor.

My work pc/lappys are virus free and have to be for my line of work, hence it caught my eye when I saw the redirect.

I am happy to post update with what I find once I can figure out how paste link/text

Well all I can tell you is that I am in no way a computer person and I don't have access to the programming of this site. Only the owner Greg can do that. Since I know he has cleaned the site many times, I'm guessing it doesn't last too long before something gets inserted again. Come here before you search and you will never have a problem with it.

Linda S

Well I can tell you that the google ads here scan your cache and be for certain kiddy-script code gets installed onto your browser. Often I get google ads that have invalid security certificates. Those have been hacked. I been running a "no ad" forum for years and not one complaint about being hacked. I do think the root here is google ads.

Firefox browser and using the add-on DOT (do not track) works nicely for getting rid of tracking even from google :)

The add-on WOT (Web of Trust) is another good one. It shows little flags next to all the site links and image links showing the status of the website, green for trusted, blue for not verified so use at your own discretion and red for dangerous link. Those redirect images being discussed in this thread have always shown up with a red flag next them but the good links to images on this site always show up with green flags. Plus if you do click on a red link you will first get a popup screen from WOT telling you it is a bad site and you have to do a second click to get to that site should you choose to go ahead with it.

Can't find 'DOT'.

Sorry I called it the wrong name. The add-on is called Donotrackme

Here is the website. I have had good luck with it, a friend who loves to be stealthy recommended it. I don't use the paid versions of their software, just the free one. Looks as if they have a mobile app out now, I have not tried that one yet.

https://www.abine.com/index.html

I don't think that is going to help, one of the php page of the forum is probably compromised and when a function is called it redirects to the outside page.

The Donotrackme was not suggested as a fix for the redirect issue. It was part of a secondary, off-track conversation a person started in this thread that was about privacy while browsing.

Can you post an example so that I can test the link.

sure,

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftoyotamotorhome.org%2Fforums%2F%3Fact%3Didx&ei=U-tJVI-fHIuayQSM5oDoCQ&usg=AFQjCNGsiYWNrUJaEhIIWc5NuKzYBYEkRQ&bvm=bv.77880786,d.b2U

I do a search in google for toyotamotorhome forum

the first link is for

toyotamotorhome.org/forums/?act=idx

This is link to the above loooooooong url.

first time I click on it, it will redirect, next time on it goes to toyoformindex fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Greg let me know that he was able to duplicate the redirect results and he is working on it.

Linda S

I have made no progress in finding the problem. The site is due for an upgrade so I will soon be re-uploading all the files. If it continues after that I will have to have Invision Power Services look into the data base.

• 4 months later...

Hey Greg, site is still infected, I was on my little girls ipad and was searching toyo and link came up for this site, click it and it redirected to an ad for adultfinder and a lady with bare breasts. :-(

Any luck with the hosting guys in applying the patches? maybe they need to grep for the suspect code and remove infect files.

Mail me some Canolis, I can probably clean the site up for ya.