Fuel tank size

kris

Hello, I am a new owner of an 82 Sunrader. I think that this is the first of many questions to come... Hope someone can answer----I thought that I had the reg. 17 gal tank as the 23 yr old papers that came with my sunrader didn't say any different however I was day dreaming at the gas pump the other day, the first time I put gas in it and low and behold I had put in 21 gals., Does this mean I have the larger tank I didn't see any gas coming out anywhere. Also dumb question #2: Since the gas pump goes into the side kinda pointing up will the pump cut off itself or do I have to guess when it is close to full?

Thanks Kris

Hi Kris

Look under to the left of the filler. If you have the larger 26 gallon tank you will see a square steel tank. I think the stock 17 gal tank has very rounded edges and corners.

Mine shuts off when filling but sometimes spills some gas. I find that for mine to fill I have to turn the nozzle upside down.

Greg

• 3 months later...