I am concerned about how to monitor tire pressure, especially on the inside duals on my '91 Warrior. It's almost impossible to thump the tires with a hammer when fueling up. On a recent cross country trip I managed to pick up a nail in an outside tire. I was suprised not to 'feel' it in the steering. I found it at a gas stop. I had a older Dolphin previously. When it had a low tire you knew it right off, not so in the Warrior. Does anyone have a experience with tire pressure montoring systems, pressure equalizers, or even the little colored button valve caps?

I check my tires every morning before I hit the road. Whenever I stop, I use an infrared thermometer and check all of my tires. It takes about a minute to check all 6 tires. If the temps are about the same, I am betting that the pressures are pretty close to the same. I have not had a low tire yet so I can't say if it works or not.

I am thinking about putting tire pressure sensors on all six wheels. I have found them as low as $220 with 6 sensors. I think that they will be mounted before vacation.

• 2 years later...

I found that the screw-in type of inflator works well for duallies. a $30 pump will do the trick. This one is my fav.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L9WSTEG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&psc=1

Hey Nam, the inflator you referred to says not supported LT or for truck tires. Does it inflate your duallies? Doesn't get too hot or melt your cigarette lighter plug? I've had no luck with various 12volt plug in to the cigarette lighter socket types to inflate my tires to 65 psi. They overheat and crap out! 

"Inflate tires on cars, bikes, sedan and midsize SUV. DOES NOT SUPPORT LT, HT and Truck Tires. "

By today's standards, 185R14 tires are small* by pretty much any standard. Especially just for topping up tires, I wouldn't see any problem. If you really want to be careful, stop and give it a rest half way through inflating a completely flat tire.

*IMHO, A Chevy Blazer would be a 'midsize SUV'. They'll often be fitted with 235/75R15 tires. Much bigger.

I've used cigarette lighter pumps to fill tires the whole time I've had a motorhome including the Dodge van camper I used to have. Never had one sort my lighter. They do warm up some when using but I just stop and let them cool some then turn them on again. Slime one I'm using now works great, about 2 or 3 years old.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/SLI0/40022/N0184.oap?ck=Search_N0184_-1_-1&pt=N0184&ppt=C0337

Linda S

6 hours ago, markwilliam1 said:

Hey Nam, the inflator you referred to says not supported LT or for truck tires. Does it inflate your duallies? Doesn't get too hot or melt your cigarette lighter plug? I've had no luck with various 12volt plug in to the cigarette lighter socket types to inflate my tires to 65 psi. They overheat and crap out! 

It worked just fine. I once inflated all 6 from 25PSI to 50PSI without issue. I like the automatic pressure setting so they all are consistent. I used a small portable 12AH battery since I didn't want to deal with the cord. 

3 hours ago, linda s said:

I've used cigarette lighter pumps to fill tires the whole time I've had a motorhome including the Dodge van camper I used to have. Never had one sort my lighter. They do warm up some when using but I just stop and let them cool some then turn them on again. Slime one I'm using now works great, about 2 or 3 years old.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/SLI0/40022/N0184.oap?ck=Search_N0184_-1_-1&pt=N0184&ppt=C0337

Linda S

I like this one too...I have way too many of these inflators

Good to know... Thanks All!