Bomb Proof Rear Ladder Fix And Future Fire Truck Steps

Sick of your loose and leaky rear ladder? Mine sucked! I finished my rear storage box and LED light project and had my rear panel still off-could see my ladder was only held on by stupid rivets and had been leaking for many years. So while my rear panel was off I dremeled off the rivets and cut some diamond plate and screwed and bolted the ladder onto both the camper and also my storage box. See pics, gave existing ladder some black spray paint to match. See also my future project, I plan to add fold up style fire engine steps (12 bucks each on eBay) to the side so I can easily access a roof storage box. They are spring loaded but not well painted, so I'll get them powder coated before installing. Also last pic is a kayak rack on top of my storage boxes for my whitewater kayak, saves me climbing up top.

post-7537-0-51741200-1408758872_thumb.jp

post-7537-0-18682800-1408758893_thumb.jp

post-7537-0-73043900-1408758906_thumb.jp

post-7537-0-50815600-1408758920_thumb.jp

post-7537-0-12712100-1408758944_thumb.jp

post-7537-0-08044000-1408759169_thumb.jp

I use kids bubbles from the dollar store and a spray bottle from the same place. When I went to Ameri-Gas to have my leak checked out his spray stuff was useless and I had to pull out mine. Bubbles so big you can't miss them.

Linda S

My Dolphin didn't have a ladder when I got it. I bought one of those telescopic ladders, and they are cool but more weight and space, y'know. So I figured, "Do you really need the ladder?". So we're camping and a small branch falls off the tree right across the open back roof vent. And rain is coming. So should I unplug, remove my jacks and go drive around til it blows off? I managed to work it out of the way with a coat hanger, but did I put the ladder on the list and saved your post.

I bought a small bottle of gas leak bubbles, soapy spray bottle didn't work but the thicker pro stuff worked! Found the leak and will get some Teflon tape for the repair, it's directly under the fridge at the access door.

While my rear inside panel and cabinets r off I'm going to cut off my screws and epoxy over them for a watertight repair.

• 2 weeks later...

Gas leak all fixed, drove up to Ferndale WA, and camped out amongst the potato patches on daughters farm. Took a San Juan's beer cruise from Bellingham WA all the beer you can drink! Also did a bit of whitewater kayaking way down south on the White Salmon River - so my Sunrader has been to both WA State borders (north and south) within a few weeks! Sunrader running great.

Gas leak all fixed, drove up to Ferndale WA, and camped out amongst the potato patches on daughters farm. Took a San Juan's beer cruise from Bellingham WA all the beer you can drink! Also did a bit of whitewater kayaking way down south on the White Salmon River - so my Sunrader has been to both WA State boarders (north and south) within a few weeks! Sunrader running great.

• 2 weeks later...