Just put in rebuilt 22re. Sounds great, but now the tranny is making a noise when in neutral or park. Any ideas? Fluid and filter were changed on the tranny during engine swap.

Wild guess, torque converter is loose

What kind of noise? Rattle, grinding, rubbing, Other ? If I asked you to make this noise, what would you do?

Does it go away when you put it in ANY gear?...............Donnie

Sounds like a light rattle to me. Seems to stop when put in gear

Now it will not shift out of 2nd.

Is this some thing you did your self or did a shop do it? The shifting probably is cable adjustment if it worked fine before. The noise would at least be an inspection of the converter bolts and like Derek said look for loose bolt on parts. The worst case would be a broken flex plate if the converter was not fully in place when the engine was bolted up that also could lead to transmission pump failure but that would effect all the gears not just second.

Is the fluid still full.Linda S

Yes the fluid is right on. Took it to the toyota house. Still have to let off of gas for it to shift.

Try shifting it manually low-second-3rd if it shifts correctly then it is a cable adjustment. There are two nuts on the cable back them both off neither should touch the bracket (the one at the rear most likely will have to back off a good bit) have a friend floor it (engine off of course) while it still on the floor bring both nuts back to the bracket and tighten them against each other. If it still shifts late back the rear nut off a bit and tighten the front one if it shifts too quickly back the front one off and tighten the rear one.

Okay, Robert is under it, now. Will read this to him. Any knowledge of bypassing overdrive?

Maineah! I just sent you a message about manually controlling OD when I need it. Can you walk me through this?