Though the PO did a good job of Dicoring all the seams, I didn't believe him when he said "You won't have to worry about any leaks for years". I noticed that back by the propane tank on the dogleg of the Dolphin, the siding had pulled away from the channel and the Dicor just wasn't going to hold it together.

So using a technique that I developed while living in an old trailer, I tried this fix. A narrow strip of aluminum foil to initially bridge the gap, several pieces of Gorilla Tape to give it some body, and topped off with aluminum foil tape. I added some extra pieces of aluminum foil tape down in the channels to make sure it was sealed.

post-7796-0-00641400-1403963941_thumb.jp

If you ever tried to get this aluminum foil tape off, well it's pretty danged sticky. I figured if you got a leak, you got to fix it now. Worry about doing it right later. I added some dots of reflective tape to gussy it up a bit. We'll see how long it lasts.