Do You Think I'm Hooked?

whyverne14

The mechanic called and said, "Hey, your Toyota's done; but I got to get out of here in half an hour". I got out of work as quick as I could and went racing to the garage. Caught him just as he was pulling out, threw a handful of 20s at him; left my car there and drove my baby home. This is the support group for that sort of behavior, isn't it?

As a former navy engineer, my camper is like a miniature version of my ship: potable water system, CHT systems, HVAC, power distribution, main propulsion - but in miniature versions. Even the over-cab bunk resembles the rack on my first ship. The Toyhome is like a member of the family.

Yeah it borders on unhealthy with me.

Luckily, it's like everything else with me...I love it too much, put too much money into it, think about it way too much...but I can flip a switch in my head, if necessary, and sell it without a second thought if that turns out to be the right thing to do.

As a former navy engineer, my camper is like a miniature version of my ship: potable water system, CHT systems, HVAC, power distribution, main propulsion - but in miniature versions. Even the over-cab bunk resembles the rack on my first ship. The Toyhome is like a member of the family.

Yeah, as a former Navy ET with 4 years of sea time it reminds me of the same thing.

Like Linda, I've been wanting to write a long, gushy post about how infatuated I am with my baby. I have to say I have never had a relationship with any other wheeled vehicle quite like this. I've been in it 8 months and the magic still hasn't really worn off.

We refer to our Toyota as the "ship", I maintain all systems. She's a good old boat.