Having Problems With Fridge Removal

I recently purchased a 1989 Winnebago Warrior. I am trying to remove the Norcold fridge and it doesn't want to come out. I removed all the screws that I can find but it seems to be attached to some brackets on the sides. Anyone have experiance with this?

might be caulked in tightly to the surrounding surface,as was one I repaced...and do you know the removal route? on my 1992 Warrior the previous owners had the Dometic replaced and the shop had to remove a window to get it out.I bult a small wood platform to rest the fridge on ..as it comes out so high off the ground

I recently purchased a 1989 Winnebago Warrior. I am trying to remove the Norcold fridge and it doesn't want to come out. I removed all the screws that I can find but it seems to be attached to some brackets on the sides. Anyone have experiance with this?

Is it a "stand-alone" Norcold three-way or a DC electric that is "built-in?" The stand-alone units from the factor only have a few screws on the bottom holding them in. Usually get quite stuck from all the wood trim jammed against them.

Does it have the vent on the outside of coach? If so, there are brackets? and screws out there. I removed mine from a 1993 Winnebago Itasca Spirit 321. Had to take it out thru the passenger door. I had already removed the passenger seat so it came out easy.

Dana

I've removed my Dometic fridge from my '85 Dolphin a couple of times. There are four screws, two on each side on the front of the unit. The screws are covered with small, rubber plugs in the frame of the front of the fridge. You have to remove the door first to see the plugs. Also, there are two screws holding the bottom of the frame to the floor in the back. They are hard to see and are hard to access with a screwdriver. Open the outside door and you should see them. This is, of course on a Dometic. Yours may be a little different.

John

Thanks to all for your input. Dana suggested brackets. But the vent is internal, coming out the roof. There are some brackets on each side in the back that are screwed to the inside of the outside wall. Theres no room to get to them with a screw driver but they have worked lose from me rocking the fridge trying to pull it out. There is a large bolt on each side that seems to hold two plates together. I'm afraid to take it all the way out because something is very lose on the other end on the left side and the right one just turns the whole bolt and doesn't come lose.

Geoffrey

Thanks to all for your input. Dana suggested brackets. But the vent is internal, coming out the roof. There are some brackets on each side in the back that are screwed to the inside of the outside wall. Theres no room to get to them with a screw driver but they have worked lose from me rocking the fridge trying to pull it out. There is a large bolt on each side that seems to hold two plates together. I'm afraid to take it all the way out because something is very lose on the other end on the left side and the right one just turns the whole bolt and doesn't come lose.

Geoffrey

Are you looking from the outside? Remove the plastic cover and you can get to the brackets.

once I changed one & found that the electrical outlet placed behind frig was held in by screws, one of which was holding the frig in place - quite tightly I might add. Once I removed the 2 screws holding the outlet it came right out (or rather "in")

• 8 years later...

Hey!  Hope some of you are still out there 😀 but here I am in 2023 with a similar problem that OP had in 2014. Here's a link to my post: 

There are 2 bolts, one of either side on the interior of the exterior compartment where I can see the bottom part of the refrigerator.  I hesitated to remove them because I thought they were not part of the Norcold because they are not attached the the sheet metal (I have seem two screw removed from bottom sheet metal for removal, but I don't have those). Could the 2 bolts be what's holding my refrigerator and preventing me from removing it? Thanks! image.jpeg.2a1464ad3ec0c35577e5ba8945b06db4.jpeg

Thanks Linda!  I removed the side bolts (last picture I uploaded) and that was it!  Sliding it out presently.  I'll DL  the manual for future possible ref 🙂